|Four new payment intermediaries have been licensed in Vietnam since the beginning of 2021, including Vietnam Post and MobiFone|
Most recently, on April 12, the SBV granted a licence to Vietnam Post Corporation.
Accordingly, Vietnam Post has just launched an Intermediary Payment and Fintech Division to oversee fintech and patment operations. General director Chu Quang Hao is heading up this division.
On March 9, MobiFone has received a license from the central bank to provide payment intermediary services.
The new license for intermediary payment service provision is expected to pave the way for MobiFone to roll out mobile money services right after the government authorises implementation.
Meanwhile, OneFin and Jetpay were granted licences in January. On its official website, OneFin describes itself as one of the leading companies in applying e-payment solutions and technologies, including services related to e-wallets, payment gateways with outstanding security features, processing speed, and convenience for customers and partners.
These licences come after major Vietnamese behemoths such as Viettel, VNPT, and FPT have expanded into the lucrative payments industry.
For instance, FPT Telecom was granted a licence in last August after two years as a non-bank intermediary payment service provider, with Foxpay as its core product.These large corporations could take advantage of their nationwide networks, large customer base, and solid financial capacity to take over the market.
As of April 22, the SBV has granted licences for 43 non-bank intermediary payment services companies.
Vietnam's fintech startup landscape almost tripled in size between 2017 and 2020, growing from 44 startups in 2017 to 121 startups in December 2020, according to a new report released by Fintech News Singapore .
By Lam Tien
- Microsoft should demystify their software licensing process
- 5 Tips for Managing Microsoft Licensing Costs
- Is The Future Of US Payments Up For Grabs?
- Will Online Poker The New King Of New York?
- Visa certifies smartphones for NFC payments
- CMS' hospital license rejection creates confusion for Philadelphia eye clinic
- Bypassing Letters Of Credit With Real-Time 24/7 B2B Payments
- New Indian Rules May Make Online Censorship Easier
- Open Payments system has another glitch
- Vietnam-based Viettel enters East African market
- PayPal Suspends Personal Payments to India
- Oculus for Business ups its game for VR in the enterprise with licensing and support improvements
- Swift hopes daily reporting will help stem payment fraud
- Are you paying too much for software licenses?
- Bitcoin transactions NOT anonymous, Princeton researchers discover; individual names can be linked to most payments
- How to license and install Photoshop and other Adobe apps on Macs
- Why data centers fail to bring new jobs to small towns
- Alibaba's Online Payment Service Granted Chinese License
- How to Win the Software Licensing Game
- UPDATED: CMS temporarily shuts down, reopens glitched Open Payments verification system
Four new payment intermediaries licensed in Vietnam since 2021 have 429 words, post on vir.com.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.