The decision to suspend them was made by the Vietnam Professional Football JSC and the Vietnam Football Federation.
The VPF said the pandemic situation is growing complicated in some localities, affecting the organization of games.
But the last round of the first leg of the top-flight V. League will be played this week, with seven matches kicking off at the same time at seven venues on May 7. The top six teams from the first leg will compete for the title while the bottom eight will battle to avoid relegation.
Then all football leagues will take a break so that the national team can prepare for the 2022 World Cup Asian qualifiers in June.
Since the new Covid outbreak began on April 27, Vietnam has had 56 cases in 10 localities led by Hanoi with 27 and the northern provinces of Ha Nam and Vinh Phuc with 14 each.
Over 675,000 people have been vaccinated in the country so far, including athletes who will compete overseas.
In April and May the national football and futsal team players were given Covid vaccine.
- Bury edge closer to Football League exit amid financial woes
- Greek football league suspended after gun controversy
- Third-tier Bury expelled after 125 years in Football League
- Russian football chief quits amid doping allegations
- Football: Sudan's first ever women's club league begins
- Football: English referees will show cards to badly-behaved managers
- Redblacks’ Jonathan Rose suspended for Grey Cup for pushing official
- NFL’s kickoff controversy fails to make waves north of the border in CFL
- Ohio State closes ranks as Urban Meyer investigation adds new scandal
- Faris could be the Lions’ new playmaker
- Australian rules: 'New arrivals' should not be policing fans
- EFL asks Bolton to play last two games amid player boycott
Football leagues suspended amid new Covid wave have 273 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.