Thua Thien-Hue Facebooker fined for spreading false information
The inspectorate of the Department of Information and Communication collaborated with the police in Thua Thien-Hue Province to work with the admin of the Hue-S Facebook page. The admin was reported for his posts announcing several Covid-19 cases in the area without locations, time and clear information which caused confusion.
“This afternoon, 45 new locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases were confirmed together with 39 imported cases,” he wrote in one of the posts.
At the police station, the admin admitted to posting information that caused confusion amid a new Covid-19 outbreak. He promised to take down the posts, issue an apology and not repeat such behaviour again.
He was fined VND5m following Decree 15 about administrative violations in the field of post and telecommunications, information technology and electronic transactions.
- Pro-Kremlin media 'spread false claims that EU has Nazi roots'
- Facebook Removed Hundreds Of Indian And Pakistani Political Pages For Spreading Bad Information Before India's Elections
- Facebook Cracking Down on Posts About White Vans Used for Trafficking Rumor
- Facebook acting as ‘marketplace’ for endangered animal body parts by selling ads on pages for traffickers selling Bengal tiger belts and black rhino horns
- Russian parliament to bolster penalties for spread of fake news
- Is Facebook’s Political-Ad Policy Really That Bad?
- Facebook will pay an unprecedented $5 billion penalty over privacy breaches
- How to solve Facebook's fake news problem: experts pitch their ideas
- Federal intelligence officials meet tech firms at Facebook to discuss election security
- Facebook Rumor About White Vans Is Spreading Fear Across America
Facebooker fined for spreading false information on Covid-19 have 271 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.