In a report to the Government Office, the Da Nang administration notes the central city has since the beginning of this year received 11,800 returnees, including more than 8,000 cases in April alone.
Among them, 72 people have been confirmed as COVID-19 patients, including 61 in the past month.
An increasing number of coronavirus infections has put growing pressure on Da Nang Lung Diseases Hospital that is tasked with receiving and treating COVI-19 patients, says the report.
In addition, relevant forces whose duty is to monitor health quarantine and pandemic control have been overloaded with work, it further explains.
For these reasons, the municipal administration expects the Prime Minister, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Transport will allow the city to suspend incoming repatriation flights that carry Vietnamese citizens from overseas, in an effort to facilitate COVID-19 control and treatment.
- Medical officials suspended from work after Vietnamese returnee spread COVID-19
- Da Nang proposes suspending repatriation flights from foreign countries
- No more repatriation flights to Da Nang, city requests
- Vietnam's Da Nang, Khanh Hoa close non-essential businesses considering COVID-19 scare
- Da Nang to suspend non-essential activities after Covid-19 surge
- In Da Nang, there's a house of hope for the homeless
- Officetel developer in Da Nang fined over construction violations
- COVID-19: One local infection in Da Nang among 10 confirmed entrants
- Amid COVID-19, Vietnamese couple organize wedding online
- Vietnamese localities impose COVID-19 quarantine on returnees from Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnamese localities move to quarantine entrants from coronavirus-hit areas
Da Nang to suspend receiving Vietnamese returnees from abroad have 236 words, post on vov.vn at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.