Tran Van Tan, deputy chairman of the central Quang Nam Province People’s Committee, on Monday announced around 400,000 students in the province up to university level would stay home for coronavirus prevention.
Similarly, Da Nang City also allowed its students up to university level to stay home starting Tuesday until further notice. Le Thi Bich Thuan, director of the municipal Department of Education and Training, said the city would also postpone end-of-term final exams for primary students, expected to last from May 5 to May 7.
Thuan said schools should deploy online classes and instruct students to keep up with their curriculums while waiting for further announcements by the education department.
The decisions followed a coronavirus case within the community detected Monday and confirmed Tuesday, a 28-year-old man residing in central Hoi An of Quang Nam Province who had relocated to neighboring Da Nang on April 29 to work.
Localities that have recorded coronavirus cases since last week, Hanoi, Ha Nam, Vinh Phuc, Hung Yen and Yen Bai, have let their students stay home too.
Vietnam has recorded 36 community transmissions in the latest outbreak since April 29.
- Russian minorities fear for languages amid new restrictions
- Best Christmas movies on Netflix UK including Home Alone, Love Actually and
- Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi ‘used taxpayer-funded student loan to pay for bomb’ that killed 22
- Uber come out fighting over ban as 390,000 sign petition backing firm amid mounting customer anger
- Amid claims of police brutality in Kenya, a watchdog fails to bite
- This man made an action movie trailer for his girlfriend’s dog
- Tens of thousands of Brainwashed North Koreans rally in support of Kim Jong-un’s insults aimed at Donald Trump
- Officer hurt in nerve attack against Russian ex-spy now awake
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so ‘knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb’
- Team of amputee veterans inspired millions when they rowed for 46 46 back-breaking days across the Atlantic
- Dogs like Boo can mean the difference between life and death for veterans
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so he knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb
Da Nang, Quang Nam keep students home amid coronavirus threat have 342 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.