Authorities in Da Nang, a coastal city in central Vietnam, sealed off a hospital on Monday because of a suspected coronavirus infection, a source told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper the same day.
The unconfirmed patient is known as Ng.T.Ng., 23, who comes from Hoi An, Quang Nam Province.
He is a spa ticket seller at P.A. Hotel on 2-9 Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang, which borders Quang Nam.
The man started his job on April 28.
He tends to work night shifts and frequently comes into direct contact with customers.
On Sunday afternoon, Ng. ran a fever and suffered fatigue.
He came to Hoan My Da Nang Hospital on Sunday evening and was tested for COVID-19 there.
The result came back positive, pending a conclusive retest.
He had visited various places in Hoi An and Da Nang when he exhibited symptoms.
Ng. also works as a delivery worker on the side.
Hoan My Da Nang Hospital has been locked down, pending the retest.
The Ministry of Health has yet to register this case as of Monday evening.
- Ho Chi Minh City hospital detects five COVID-19 cases
- Additional 55 Covid-19 cases reported, mostly in HCM City
- Indonesian govt ignores pleas for large-scale lockdown as Covid-19 cases surge
- 18 new Covid-19 cases in Singapore, including 15 in community
- Mumbai Reports Less Than 1,000 Covid-19 Cases after Two and Half Months
- Ontario reports 296 new COVID-19 cases and 60 more deaths
- Unlinked Covid-19 cases could lock down Sydney: Gladys Berejiklian
- Chinese mainland sees no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Covid-19 cases surge to record in South Africa's economic hub
- As Somalia's COVID-19 cases surge, a variant is suspected
Da Nang locks down hospital over suspected COVID-19 case: source have 279 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.