Among the 14 patients, eight returned to Vietnam from Japan, the United Arab Emirates, Canada, and Romania, and three crossed the Cau Treo international bordergate in central Vietnam into Ha Tinh province.
All the imported cases were placed in quarantine as soon as they landed, thus posing no risk to the community.
Meanwhile, three people of a family in Dao Ly commune of Ly Nhan district, Ha Nam province, were infected with the virus, They were all closely linked to the first COVID-19 case confirmed by the Ministry of Health on April 29.
The first patient of the fresh coronavirus outbreak tested positive after completing his 14-day quarantine period and experiencing three negative tests.
During the past three days, Ha Nam has recorded a total of 10 new cases, becoming the country's fresh coronavirus hotspot.
Six other cases closely tied to this patient have also been detected in Hanoi (3), Hung Yen (2) and Ho Chi Minh City (1).
Relevant agencies are speeding up contact tracing to early detect, quarantine, and testing those who had come into contact with the patients.
The Government Office on May 1 issued the Prime Minister's conclusions at the April 30 urgent meeting to deal with the fresh coronavirus outbreak in Vietnam. The government leader has asked relevant agencies to clarify the causes and responsibilities of individuals and organizations that directly let the virus break out in Ha Nam, as well as to take punitive measures.
- NHS to trial Group B Strep infection screening in pregnant women in a bid to protect newborns from deadly illnesses including pneumonia and sepsis
- Two found guilty in Steubenville case
- A look at the murder case facing Oscar Pistorius
- Judge orders documents released in Rangers’ case
- 25MILLION people will be offered the flu jab this winter as ALL children in primary school are included in national scheme for first time amid fears huge outbreak from Australia is on the way to the UK
- Two Bucs contract staph infection
- Buccaneers diagnose 2 players with MRSA infections
- FIFA names Havelange, Teixeira in kickbacks case
- In case you missed it: August 27
- Tour drops its doping case against Vijay Singh
COVID-19: Vietnam confirms 14 cases, including 3 community infections have 345 words, post on vov.vn at May 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.