Accordingly, all concentrated quarantine facilities have been told not to release people after they complete the 14-day quarantine period, and test negative for novel coronavirus twice.
This came after some people who completed their two-week duration tested positive for the virus after leaving quarantine sites.
The new quarantine measure is applied from 0:00 on May 4 until further notice from the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
Most recently, an Indian expert, who works for local automaker Vinfast, has been confirmed with COVID-19 in Hanoi. The man, born in 1984, arrived in Vietnam on April 17 and was immediately put under 14-day quarantine at a hotel in Hong Bang district, the northern city of Hai Phong.
He tested negative for the virus twice during the mandatory quarantine period, and left for Hanoi on May 1 to stay with his wife and children at Park 10, Hoang Mai district's Times City.
Authorities are actively tracing people having close contact with him for COVID-19 test and quarantine to prevent the virus spreading further.
- Strike: NASU, SSANU gives FG 14-day ultimatum over earned allowances, staff schools
- Nirbhaya Case Convicts Can't be Executed on Jan 22 Due to Pending Mercy Plea, 14-Day Law: Delhi Govt to HC
- Exclusive: Army Gave Special Forces Captain 14 Days to Leave without Severance Pay
- Indian Home Ministry Appeals to Apex Court Seeking ‘Victim Friendly’ Legal Amendments
- No acute pneumonia caused by novel coronavirus reported in Vietnam: Health ministry
- Travellers from China to Undergo Thermal Screening for Coronavirus at 7 Airports, Says Aviation Ministry
- Govt in SC seeks 7-day deadline for hanging of death row convicts
- Dyson Boxing Day 2018 sale: the deals to look out for on December 26
- Quarantined tourist from Wuhan recovers from fever
- Chinese woman, 61, quarantined in Thailand is diagnosed with the same mystery virus that has killed one person and infected dozens in China
- Health officials expect MORE coronavirus cases in the US and admit that 1st American patient was not diagnosed for five DAYS after returning from Ground Zero of Wuhan and had contact with at least 16 people
- Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart extend returns for the holiday — along with other retailers
Concentrated quarantine period extended beyond 14 days: ministry have 343 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.