ĐÀ NẴNG — Local authorities in central Việt Nam shut down various entertainment venues from midnight on Monday after a community COVID-19 case was confirmed in the region.
All bars, discotheques, karaoke parlours, entertainment areas, internet, massage parlours and mass gatherings in public in the cities of Đà Nẵng, Hội An and Thừa Thiên-Huế, and Quảng Nam and Quảng Ngãi provinces were shut after a spa ticket salesman at a hotel in Đà Nẵng was found to be positive on Monday.
Since then, a massage therapist who works at the same hotel has also tested positive.
Health officials have been tracing the contacts of the two new patients and have listed 21 sites including restaurants, bars, karaoke parlours and bus stations in Hội An and Đà Nẵng that the salesman visited between April 21 and May 2 so people who visited them can submit health declarations.
Kindergartens, schools and universities in Đà Nẵng and Quảng Nam were also closed from Tuesday morning until further notice from education authorities.
Quảng Nam Province has asked all residents returning from Hà Nội and HCM City and Yên Bái, Hưng Yên and Hà Nam provinces to report their health status and destinations they visited during the four-day holiday (April 29 to May 3) through the national online health declaration system.
Đà Nẵng has also ordered all taxis and public buses to only carry half of their passenger capacity, while a safe distance (2m) and face mask-wearing is a must for all in public.
Beaches were closed to all people from Tuesday morning as local authorities worked to trace all direct and indirect contact cases.
Trade centres, accommodation sites and restaurants are still open, but strict virus prevention measures are required, including hand-washing stations, face masks and temperature checks. — VNS
- Waste treatment projects needed in central region
- Indonesia closes plantation companies, schools due to wildfires
- Flooding causes four deaths in central region
- Rich East High School To Close Permanently In Park Forest
- School-By-School Vaccination Rates In CT Released For 2018-19
- Bullying: How Northbrook Schools Tackle The Issue
- Top 100 CT Public Schools With Best Teachers For 2020: Niche
- 19 Montgomery Co. Community-Based Arts Groups Win $19K In Grants
- Decision on whether to reverse closure of 2 Elgin County schools delayed until November
- Cook County scoreboard for Saturday, Oct. 19
Central region closes entertainment venues, schools to fight COVID-19 have 429 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.