CÀ MAU — The Mekong Delta province of Cà Mau will step up the application of advanced technology to expand high-quality rice material farming.
Director of the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Lê Thanh Triều said under the province's planning, local farmers would cultivate rice on an area of 110,000 ha, with an average yield of 4.7 tonnes per hectare by 2025. Cà Mau would strive for a rice output of 520,000 tonnes by 2025, which is expected to then remain stable until 2030.
Triều said focus would be sharpened to develop organic rice materials that meet both domestic and international standards as well as promote the value chain of the food.
In the meantime, the shrimp – rice rotary cultivation model would be developed with a view to increasing the amount of certified organic shrimp farmers, he added.
Farmers would be encouraged to shift to growing high-quality rice varieties that are resilient against salinisation.
Figures show that the local rice growing area increased to 117,390 ha in 2020 from 112,534 in 2017. The yield surged by an average of 0.64 tonnes per hectare to 4.54 tonnes in 2020.
The department turned 50,000 ha of ineffective fields into cultivating high-yield rice that is resilient to climate change. In particular, it has successfully planted the grain under international organic standards. — VNS
- College basketball is in a crisis. Can the Rice Commission save the game?
- A Look At the High School Class In the 2017 MLB Draft
- The Latest: Indiana coach's debut comes in Foster Farms Bowl
- Braves add high-upside bat in former first-round pick Alex Jackson
- Prospects MLB Teams Need to Sell High on Via Trades
- Mailbag: Why is everyone so high on Michigan this year?
- SI’s MMQB: The highs and lows of the NFL’s holiday weekend
- Phillies Thanksgiving: Five Things for Which I Am Thankful
- San Diego Padres Top 10 Prospects For 2017
- Red Sox have three of Baseball America’s Top 100 prospects
- Atlanta Braves Catching Depth Is Very Normal
- Offseason In Review: Cincinnati Reds
- New York Jets: Addressing Offensive Line Depth In 2017 NFL Draft
- Mid-Season Roster Check: Los Angeles Angels
- Australia needs a specialist T20I coach
- UCLA Basketball: Bruins’ front court depleted with Ike Anigbogu out
- Current NFL Players Who Could Lose Their Starting Roles on Draft Night
- What is Tom Herman prioritizing this spring at Texas? His tweets offer plenty of answers
- Chicago White Sox Top Ten Prospects for 2017
- MLB Mock Draft 2018: Tigers get potential ace; Yankees land starter; Cubs get outfield help
Ca Mau develops high-quality rice farming have 405 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.