“That is my hope and expectation. We are working on it,” Biden told reporters when asked if he plans to meet Putin during his upcoming trip to Europe, the first overseas visit since he took office in January.
Biden will attend the Group of Seven (G7) Summit in Cornwall, Britain from June 11 to 13, and hold bilateral meetings with leaders of G7 members. He will then travel to Brussels, Belgium to participate in the NATO Summit on June 14.
Biden had proposed a summit with Putin in Europe this summer to address a range of bilateral issues. US media reported earlier that the White House is hammering out the details of the summit.
Relations between Washington and Moscow have been adversarial in recent years. The two were bitterly divided over Ukraine and cybersecurity issues, and they mutually accused the other of domestic political interference.
- Yankees, Red Sox to meet in London in June 2019
- Predators hope to continue successful trip against Wild (Jan 22, 2017)
- Trump says he'll meet with Xi at the G20 this month in Japan before hitting China with $325 billion in new tariffs
- The Latest: US lawmaker says UK bomb showed ‘sophistication’
- Donald Trump abruptly cancels trip to Poland to monitor Hurricane Dorian as it strengthens to a Category 4 and is forecast to hit Florida on Labor Day
- John Kerry says D-Day 75 especially important because 'Europe is challenged' and 'people are pulling at institutions' - as he and Pelosi steer clear of talking about Trump at American ceremony
- Euro 2016: West Ham’s ‘Ginger Pele’ hoping to breathe fire into Welsh Dragons’ bid
- Baseball notes: The main theme is fun on Grayslake Central's spring trip
- Whiting says Baku on course for debut GP in June
- Harbaugh thanks Italy for hospitality during Rome trip
Biden says he hopes to meet Putin during Europe trip in June have 284 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.