He made the comments while working with leaders of relevant agencies on the enforcement of the 2018 Law on Amnesty, on May 4.
Amnesty is a major policy of the Party and State, demonstrating the humanity of the regime and holding great political, economic, social, and diplomatic significance, Phuc said, adding that it affirms the special policy of clemency held by the Party and State for inmates with good results in studying, training, and rehabilitation.
Amnesties on special occasions, holidays, or major national events aim to encourage prisoners to rehabilitate themselves and qualify for amnesty policies, and the implementation of the law on amnesty demonstrates the orientation towards building a law-ruled Socialist State of Vietnam, he stated.
The President asked the Ministry of Public Security and relevant agencies to propose major regulations on amnesty in the time to come.
According to an assessment from the Ministry of Public Security, the Law on Amnesty 2018 has basically addressed the shortcomings in the 2007 version in order to improve the effectiveness of amnesty work.
After the National Assembly adopted the Law on Amnesty in 2007, Vietnam's State President has granted seven different amnesties, under which a total of 87,000 inmates have been freed ahead of their scheduled release dates.
- Egypt has made journalism a crime with crackdown, says Amnesty International
- State election systems to get more federal aid for security
- ‘Glimmer of Transparency’: AFRICOM Admits to Killing 2 Somali Civilians in New Casualties Report
- Amnesty Reports Chilling Details of Egypt Press Crackdown
- Amnesty reports chilling details of Egypt press crackdown
- Coronavirus: Egypt escalates press crackdown over pandemic, says Amnesty
- Amnesty Programme: Ex-Agitators condemn attack on Aroloye
- Coronavirus is 'emboldening' Myanmar military to carry out 'war crimes' says UN human rights expert
- Lacking in transparency
- Angry coronavirus protesters invade US state house with weapons
- Coronavirus live updates: Massive, long term Bay Area studies may shape state’s reopening
- Coronavirus live updates: White House considers more aid for cities and states
Amnesty must be carried out strictly, transparently: State President have 314 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.