According to a report from Vinh Phuc Provincial Police Department, the Chinese people were found on the evening of May 3 while staying at three houses in Vinh Yen City.
“It is unclear about the exact time the Chinese people arrived in the area as there are some problems in their statements,” the report said.
Checking their places, police found a lot of laptops, mobile phones, and unused sim cards which have all been detained for investigations.
Health workers were sent in to take samples from these people for Covid-19 testing and disinfection of their places. They were asked to stay at the same places and were monitored by local authorities.
The incident occured when the Covid-19 pandemic is becoming more complicated in some localities including Vinh Phuc, with threats of a new outbreak.
On April 23, a group of five Chinese experts arrived in Vinh Phuc to work after completing a 14-day quarantine period in Yen Bai Province. The group stayed just one day in Vinh Phuc and then travelled to some other localities before returning to China where four of them have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2.
So far, 14 people in Vinh Phuc who had come into close contact with the five Chinese men have been infected with the virus.
Hanoi police have also found 50 illegally-entered Chinese people in Cau Giay and Nam Tu Liem districts. First testing showed that they are negative for SARS-CoV-2.
- 21 Chinese people illegally entering Vietnam quarantined for Covid-19 prevention
- Illegal Chinese fugitive tests negative for COVID-19 in HCM City
- Untreated solid waste illegally buried and burned
- 1,000 Chinese experts, workers to enter Vietnam by train
- Sanctuary NYC Frees Three Illegal Aliens Charged with Child Sex Abuse, Assault, Theft
- PM receives leaders of Chinese firms operating in Vietnam
- Vietnam grants special entry for 331 Chinese workers
- PM Phuc agrees to reopen air transportation links with China
- Exclusive–Angel Family: Illegal Alien’s ‘Lawlessness’ Took Away ‘Godly Man, Exceptional Father’ Corey Cottrell
- Riot police 'robustly and swiftly' shut down illegal rave attended by hundreds in north London's Finsbury Park and are pelted with a barrage of bricks and bottles
39 Chinese detained for illegal entry in Vinh Phuc have 360 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.