Six other patients are all women aged between 21-30 who had close contact with a group of five Chinese men while working at a karaoke bar in Vinh Phuc Province on April 23. The Chinese men arrived in Vietnam on April 9 and had been sent to a quarantine site in Yen Bai Province for Covid-19 prevention until April 23. After finishing the 14-day quarantine period, the group had travelled to several provinces including Yen Bai, Lai Chau, Vinh Phuc, and Bac Giang provinces, and Danang City before returning to China where one of them tested positive for Covid-19 on May 1.
The eight patients are now being treated at the Hanoi-based National Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
The 12 imported patients include eight men, three women aged between 24-37 and a five-month-old baby boy. They recently returned Japan, the Philippines, and Russia to Danang City, and Dong Nai, Can Tho, and Khanh Hoa provinces and were sent to local quarantine sites upon arrival. The patients are now being treated at local hospitals.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 2,962, including 1,367 imported patients.
As of 6 pm on May 2, a total of 2,549 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital. There have been 35 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
On May 1, another 1,580 people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam raising the total number of vaccinated people in the country to 511,435 people.
- Localities screen Da Nang arrivals as Covid-19 infections resume
- Black people are almost twice as likely to die from Covid-19 as white people, finds study commissioned by Sadiq Khan
- NYC COVID-19 infection rate down to 4.98 pct as thousands back to school
- Nearly 30 staffers, members of Michigan legislature tested positive for COVID-19 this year
- More flights to evacuate tourists from Da Nang amid Covid-19 fears
- The US hit a record 7-day average of new Covid-19 cases as hospitals are further strained
- Record Number Of COVID-19 Hospitalizations Reported In California
- NYC conducts more tests to contain surge of COVID-19: mayor
- S. Korea reports 615 more COVID-19 cases, 38,161 in total
- Will the Covid-19 vaccine shots be long-lasting? Here’s what US vaccine chief hints
20 more Covid-19 infection cases confirmed on Sunday have 445 words, post on dtinews.vn at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.