The Viet Nam Red Cross Society (VNRC) inaugurated the work of repairing 22 schools damaged by storms and floods in Nghe An, Ha Tinh and Quang Ngai provinces in 2020 on April 5 and 6.
The schools were repaired by the VNRC and provincial Red Cross societies with financial support of US$100,000 from US based Lee’s Sandwiches fast-food restaurant chain.
"We hope that, after being repaired, teachers and students will have better conditions to teach, play and study to grow up to become elite citizens in the future," said VNRC Vice President Tran Quoc Hung.
“Lee’s Sandwiches is very pleased to be the companion of the Vietnam Red Cross to restore the path to school of students in the central provinces. I hope that the people of central region will be more comforted and warmed to know the Vietnamese community in the US and around the world will always look to the country and to the central region to share difficulties and losses of people affected by natural disasters or floods," said Lee’s Sandwiches general director Le Van Chieu.
Chieu added that the support came from 50 per cent of the company's total sales of coffee products from November 3 to November 18 and donations by its staff, customers and Vietnamese friends in the US.
Previously, through the VNRC, Lee’s Sandwiches donated $100,000 raised from “Towards the Central”, a programme launched by Lee’s Sandwiches to support the flood and storm affected people in central region of Viet Nam. — VNS
- Thai Consulate General presents aid to flood-hit people in central region
- CJ Vina Agri donates VND2 billion to flood-affected people in central region
- Man honored as patriot for saving 100 people in historic central region floods
- Storm expected to make landfall in central region on Sept. 18
- Minister directs coping with storm, flooding in central region
- German state presents nano water purifiers to central region
- Schools in central region try to overcome difficulties after devastating floods
- Malaysia extends support to flood victims in central Vietnam
- PM Phúc calls for co-ordinated post-floods recovery efforts
- Hanoi students raise fund for flood victims
- Prime Minister directs provision of seeds to flood-hit provinces
- Evacuation order is issued for thousands of homes as monster storm destroys beaches and wipes out roads as it devastates Australia's east coast - and a terrifying map shows the worst is yet to come
VNRC helps repair 22 flood and storm damaged schools in central region have 400 words, post on bizhub.vn at April 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.