More than 13,200 people were found entering and exiting Vietnam illegally along the country's borders with China, Cambodia, and Laos between January and March, according to the Border Guard Command.
During the three-month period, border guard officers in Vietnam discovered a total of 2,447 border-crossing cases.
In March alone, 1,127 people were caught illicitly traveling between Vietnam and Cambodia.
Vietnamese authorities have begun legal proceedings against 61 of the violators, imposed administrative fines on 7,047, and put 11,811 in quarantine for COVID-19 prevention and control.
Speaking during a teleconference on illegal immigration on Wednesday afternoon, Major General Le Duc Thai, commander of the Vietnam Border Guard, requested functional forces beef up patrol and control tasks at border gates, small trails, open routes, and canals in border areas and along waterways, with a particular focus on the regions sharing a border with Laos and Cambodia.
The commander demanded checks and reviews of the arrangement of task forces at station posts throughout the border be undertaken to ensure that 100 percent of border guard officers are on 24-hour standby.
Thai also required border guard units in Kien Giang, Ca Mau, and Bac Lieu Provinces coordinate closely with relevant naval forces to prevent illegal entries and exits via Vietnam's southwest sea waters.
- Illegal migrants entering Europe hit five-year low of 150,000 in 2018
- Country Profile: Vietnam
- Vietnam Rolls Out Cybersecurity Law Censoring ‘Toxic, Confusing’ Content Online
- Britain begins deporting illegal migrants to France in a bid to ward off Channel crossings after ‘major incident’
- Honduras caravan builds for new march across Mexico to the USA
- Trans-Pacific Partnership to Enter Into Force on 30 December
- Two suspected illegal immigrants detained as police hunt six others following stop on A17 at Fosdyke
- Brexit live: Labour fails in bid to stop May ‘running down the clock’
- Western Mail letters: Monday, January 14, 2019
- Ignoring the difference between legal and illegal immigration penalises migrants who play by the rules
- Vietnam's clampdown on academic freedom
- Police hunting for six suspected illegal immigrants who fled from a container lorry in Fosdyke
Vietnam stopped over 13,200 people from entering, exiting Vietnam illegally in January-March have 343 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.