The foreign-invested sector enjoyed US$14.4 billion in trade surplus while domestic firms reported a trade deficit of US$12.5 billion.
In the first four months to April 20, foreign investors pumped US$12.25 billion in Vietnam, equal to 99.3% of the amount recorded in the same period last year.
Of the amount, nearly US$8.5 billion was poured into 451 new projects, up 24.7% in value and down 54.2% in project numbers year-on-year.
Meanwhile, more than US$2.7 billion was added to 263 existing projects, down 10.6% and 21.5%, respectively.
The remaining investment capital, over US$1 billion, was used for capital contribution and share purchases in a total 1,151 transactions.
Foreign investors landed investment in 17 sectors, with processing and manufacturing absorbing the largest amount of capital (US$5.2 billion), followed by power generation and distribution (US$5.1 billion), real estate (US$778 million), and whole sale and retail sale (US$464 million).
Among 67 countries and territories having investment in Vietnam in the period, Singapore took lead with US$4.8 billion, Japan came second with more than US$2.5 billion, and the RoK was the third largest investor with US$1.5 billion.
Localities that attracted the most FDI were Long An (US$3.3 billion), Can Tho (over US$1.3 billion), and Ho Chi Minh City (US$1.1 billion).
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung said that the ministry will work to complete mechanisms with a view to improving business climate for foreign investors, and set up preferential mechanisms to attract investment into the fields of high technologies and source technologies.
- Binh Duong enjoys nearly USD 1.8 billion trade surplus in three months
- Agricultural sector gains trade surplus of 8.8 bln USD in 11 months
- Forestry sector in 5.72 billion USD trade surplus
- Vietnam posts record trade surplus in first half
- Vietnam attracts 31.8 billion USD in FDI in 11 months
- Foreign investment inflows reach $31.79 billion in eleven months
- S. Korea, Vietnam target US$100 billion in trade
- Top legislators of Vietnam, RoK pledge to facilitate trade, investment
- Biz China Weekly: PMI, trade surplus, industrial profits
- Vietnam spends 3.6 billion USD on petrol imports
Vietnam racks up nearly US$1.9 billion in trade surplus in four months have 314 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.