Both foreign cases, a Singaporean expert and a Pakistani expert, flew to Vietnam's Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City from Dubai on April 3.
They both tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus two days later and were transferred to HCM City-based Cu Chi field hospital for medical surveillance and treatment.
Nine other patients are Vietnamese citizens returning to the homeland on different flights from France, the United Kingdom, Japan and the United States.
They tested positive during their stay in concentrated quarantine facilities.
All of the new patients had been placed in quarantine as soon as they entered Vietnam, thus posing no risk to the community, said the MoH.
Also on April 7, seven COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospital after making a full recovery from the disease.
Vietnam has so far recorded a total of 2,659 coronavirus infections, of whom 2,429 have recovered from the virus.
The number of deaths caused by COVID-19 and related illnesses remains at 35.
- How to Cure a Yeast Infection - Do 12 Hour Remedies Really Work?
- Exclusive: Satellite images reveal China's aircraft carrier 'factory,' analysts say
- Fitton: Judicial Watch Files Two More Lawsuits on Biden Ukraine-China Scandal
- China says hopes to reach phased trade pact with U.S. as early as possible
- China says it hopes to reach phased trade pact with U.S. as early as possible
- China says it hopes to reach phased trade pact with U.S. as soon as possible
- Disney under Investigation for H-1B Abuse, Say Feds
- We Must Close and Secure the Mexican-US Border Immediately to Prevent Swine Flu Pandemic
- China Is Leasing an Entire Pacific Island. Its Residents Are Shocked.
- GLOBAL MARKETS-European markets roar approval at new Brexit deal
- European markets roar approval at new Brexit deal
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Europe's Brexit deal cheers dampened by familiar snags
Two foreigners among coronavirus infections confirmed on April 7 have 293 words, post on vov.vn at April 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.