A steering committee for COVID-19 vaccination safety debuted at a video conference in Hanoi on April 28 that was connected to 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
Injecting COVID-19 vaccine
The committee is headed by Associate Professor Dr Nguyen Truong Son, Deputy Minister of Health.
Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long issued Decision No 1888/QĐ-BYT on April 15 establishing the steering committee, which comprises senior officials from the ministry and leaders from its departments along with leading local experts and scientists in diverse fields, from immunisation, infection, emergency resuscitation and intensive care to haematology, cardiology and neurology.
The committee is tasked with guiding medical establishments on screening, monitoring, and handling any adverse events following COVID-19 vaccinations and promptly assisting localities in dealing with all situations safely.
According to Assoc. Prof. Dr Luong Ngoc Khue, Director of the Medical Examination and Treatment Department at the MoH and deputy head of the committee, a vaccination safety system has been set up nationwide.
Committee members work online and stand ready to reply to any concerns regarding the vaccination of health workers, the official said.
According to a report from the National Expanded Programme on Immunisation, released on April 27, a record 50,104 people were inoculated on April 26.
Nearly 260,000 people – mostly frontline workers and medical staff – in 42 cities and provinces have been injected with the AstraZeneca vaccine since the national vaccination drive began on March 8.
No incidents of rare blood clots have been reported so far, while typical reactions (tiredness, mild fever, muscle pains, etc.) were reported in about 30 percent of people – even lower than the advisory information from the manufacturer and reports from European authorities.
Vietnam currently has nearly 1 million doses of AstraZeneca from the manufacturer and also from the COVAX Facility, along with 1,000 doses of the Sputnik V vaccine, a gift from Russia./ VNA
- South Korea PM vouches for AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine safety ahead of first shipments
- Ghanaian president assures people of COVID-19 vaccine safety
- River Forest Man Says Walgreens’ COVID-19 Vaccine Sign Up System Makes It Impossible To Make Appointment For Parents
- Tarrant County, UNT Health Science Center Reach $25M Deal To Expand Access To COVID-19 Vaccine
- All Publix Stores In Palm Beach County, 2 In Monroe County To Offer COVID-19 Vaccinations
- South Florida Publix Pharmacies Now Offering COVID-19 Vaccinations As Johnson & Johnson Rolls Out Its New Vaccine
- Frustration Reigns At Dallas County’s COVID-19 Vaccination Mega Hub At Fair Park
- Texas Walmarts, Sam’s Clubs To Administer COVID-19 Vaccine Starting Friday
- Walmart Website Mistakenly Let Those Under 65 With Medical Conditions Register For COVID-19 Vaccine
- The Forum To Offer First COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Only Thursday Through Sunday
- Covina Transit Center To Serve As COVID-19 Vaccination Site Starting Monday
- Educators Receive COVID-19 Vaccines At Duarte Clinic As LA County Ramps Up Administration Efforts
Steering committee for COVID-19 vaccination safety debuts have 444 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.