Nearly VND2.2 trillion needed to upgrade National Highway 1 section
The Saigon Times
|A section of National Highway 1 in Diem Hy Commune, Chau Thanh District, Tien Giang Province, has deteriorated. A project to upgrade the surface of a section from HCMC to Can Tho of National Highway 1 needs nearly VND2.2 trillion – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The Project Management Board No. 7 has proposed the Ministry of Transport upgrade the surface of a section from HCMC to Can Tho of National Highway 1 at an estimated cost of nearly VND2.2 trillion.
A representative of the board on April 12 said the section has seriously deteriorated, with cracks and subsidence appearing on its surface, and should be upgraded to ensure the transport of passengers and cargo on the route, which connects HCMC with Long An, Tien Giang, Vinh Long and Can Tho.
The Project Management Board No. 7 attributed the deterioration of the section to the heavy vehicular traffic, Tuoi Tre Online newspaper reported.
The upgrading project is expected to start next year and be completed in 2024. The section to be upgraded has a length of 71.38 kilometers, of which 5.8 kilometers of the road is in Long An, 21.08 kilometers in Tien Giang, 30.08 kilometers in Vinh Long and 14.4 kilometers in Can Tho.
In addition, bypasses and parallel roads with a total length of 25.22 kilometers will be upgraded.
The Project Management Board No. 7 also proposed expanding six bridges along National Highway 1, comprising Nhi My, Cai Lay, Phu Nhuan, Ba Dac, An Cu and Thong Luu. At present, these bridges are narrow, resulting in traffic congestion.
The section surface upgrading project will contribute to completing the road traffic system which had been approved by the then prime minister. This route has a high traffic circulation volume and is one of the most important routes in the Mekong Delta.
According to the Project Management Board No. 7, in the Mekong Delta, Trung Luong-My Thuan and My Thuan-Can Tho expressways and the My Thuan 2 Bridge are being constructed. However, when these projects are completed, the role of National Highway 1 to the southwestern localities remains extremely important. It helps boost the region's socioeconomic development and ensure national defense.
- Gadkari inaugurates, lays foundation stone for 11 national highway projects worth ₹20,000 crore in Haryana
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari kickstarts 11 highway projects worth Rs 20,000 cr in Haryana
- Road upgrade dents goodwill as houses crack, sink
- Tiger takes shelter in goat shed as Assam’s Kaziranga national park gets flooded
- National promises $1.5b four-lane motorway between Christchurch and Ashburton
- Hanoi airport taxies towards upgraded runways
- Adjustments to Eastern section of North - South Expressway discussed
- Land clearance for Van Don-Mong Cai Highway to be completed by August 15
- All signs point to new route for State Highway 1 in Picton
- China bank lending hits record $1.72 trillion in first half after solid June
Nearly VND2.2 trillion needed to upgrade National Highway 1 section have 453 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.