The top legislator highlighted the committee's performance in law-making during the 14th tenure, as seen in its chairing of the verification and submission of 13 draft laws, including eight amended and supplemented laws and five new laws, to the NA for consideration and approval.
Among them, the law amending and supplementing certain articles of the Law on Credit Institutions, and the NA's Resolution No 42/2017/QH14 on piloting the settlement of non-performing loans at credit institutions were milestones in legislative activities during the 14th tenure as they have been swiftly enforced in reality, he noted.
Meanwhile, he went on, the legal system on investment and business has been increasingly reformed and perfected, with the issuance of the Law on Investment, the Law on Enterprises, the Law on Investment in the form of Public-Private Partnerships, and the Law on Securities.
The committee's verification reports have also been of higher quality and more persuasive, NA Chairman Hue said, asking that it continue working on a plan to reform and improve its activities.
The chairman requested the committee provide early and timely advice to the NA and the NA Standing Committee about major issues such as the five-year socio-economic development plan, the public investment plan, and the five-year financial plan.
It should thoroughly consult with experts about nationally important projects, he demanded.
The Committee for Economic Affairs also needs to assist the NA, the NA Standing Committee, and the Government in overhauling any overlaps and problems in legal regulations on investment and business, according to NA Chairman Hue.
- National Assembly's Legal Committee convenes 30th session
- Urbanization spurs socio-economic development
- Farm laws: Punjab BJP sets up 8-member panel to talk to farmers
- Make committee to look into Ambegaon garbage plant: NGT
- National Assembly lauds NIMASA’s budget performance despite COVID-19
- Overlaps and contradictions in legal documents impacts system of laws: minister
- The State does not favor any economic sector
- PetroVietnam has new chairman of members’ council
- Hanoi Party Committee convenes 2nd meeting
- Let us amend the law, it is only fair to women
NA Chairman commends Economic Committee’s law-making performance have 335 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.