Vietnam’s stock market inched higher on Thursday morning on the gains of large-cap stocks.
On the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), the VN-Index rose 8.18 points, or 0.47 per cent, to 1,237.73 points. The market breadth stayed positive with 226 stocks climbing while 135 stocks slid.
The market’s liquidity was also higher than yesterday as domestic investors poured over VND9.9 trillion into the market, equivalent to a trading volume of over 339.7 million shares.
The market’s rally was mainly due to gains of many large-cap stocks. The VN30-Index, tracking 30 biggest stocks in market capitalisation on HoSE, jumped 1.1 per cent to 1,208.28 points. Of the VN30 basket, twenty-two stocks increased while only five declined.
Materials and bank stocks were leading the trend this morning, with Hoa Phat Group (HPG) posting the biggest gain in market capitalisation. The company shares edged 3.75 per cent higher to VND58,100.
The HNX-Index on the Ha Noi Stock Exchange (HNX) also rose 0.02 per cent this morning as the HNX30-Index gained 0.42 per cent. VNS
- VN-Index goes up on the increase of pillars
- VN-Index posts second straight gaining session
- VN-Index reverses 4-session downturn
- Blue chips drag VN-Index down in 8-point losing session
- Sensex hits lifetime high, Nifty above 12,050; key factors behind market rally
- Investor wealth up Rs 1.87 lakh crore in two-day market rally
- Investors' wealth rises by Rs 3.86 lakh crore in two days of market rally
- World share markets rally on revived trade hopes; dollar gains
- Looking foward to a 1,500-point rally in midcap index: Gautam Shah, Goldilocks Premium Research
- Market rally to broaden going into next year: Chakri Lokapriya
Market rally continues, VN-Index gains more than 8 points have 252 words, post on bizhub.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.