A resident was booked for failing to wear a face mask while exercising at a public park in Ho Chi Minh City on Wednesday.
A team of officers in Ward 9, Phu Nhuan District patrolled Gia Dinh Park on Wednesday afternoon to reinforce regulations on COVID-19 prevention and control.
A lot of people were exercising at the park at the time.
While most residents complied with regulations and wore face masks, the officers spotted five individuals who failed to follow the rules.
They were given a warning and given new face masks to put on.
"I usually don a face mask when exercising in public, but I forgot to bring it today," said L.T.A., a 57-year-old resident from Go Vap District.
"Wearing a mask is to protect our own health and does not cause much discomfort.”
After patrolling and reminding park goers of putting on their face masks, the officers detected another maskless man and decided to book him for the violation.
|A man is booked for failure to wear a face mask while exercising at Gia Dinh Park in Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City, April 28, 2021. Photo: D.T. / Tuoi Tre|
The man, 23-year-old K. who studies at a local university, said he did not have time to follow the news and was not aware that wearing face masks while exercising in public is mandatory.
Pursuant to Government Decree No. 117, K.'s violation is punishable by a fine worth VND1-3 million (US$43-130).
The People's Committee in Ward 9 said that regular patrols will be conducted at Gia Dinh Park every morning and afternoon.
|Officers remind two people to wear face masks at Gia Dinh Park in Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City, April 28, 2021. Photo: D.T. / Tuoi Tre|
On Tuesday, the administration in Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1 also booked six people for failure to wear face masks at 23/9 Park .
Vietnam has documented 2,865 COVID-19 cases as of Thursday afternoon, with 2,516 recoveries and 35 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The country has gone 34 days without detecting any community transmission, but the government has urged everyone to stay on high alert as the virus is taking a toll on neighbors Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand.
- California fires are causing a run on face masks. Warning: flat blue masks won't work
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man' returns with Andrew Garfield behind the mask, and Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans along for the ride
- Free & Cheap New York: Where to go and what to do around the city for the week of May 6, 2012
- Rhys Ifans slithers into comic-book fame as ‘Spider-Man’s’ all-too-human antagonist, the Lizard
- Daily News columnist Filip Bondy's new book dips into infamous George Brett 'Pine Tar Game'
- Restaurateur Joe Bastianich minces few words in his new book 'Restaurant Man'
- Sex columnist: 7 things a man wants in a woman
- Lupica: Obama's return to the links shows lack of leadership in face of ISIS threat
- Georgia Cops Buy Taxi Fare For Man Who Walked 29 Miles to Court on Frigid Day
- Total global disbelief as Trump is elected president
Man booked for failure to wear face mask while exercising in Ho Chi Minh City have 523 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.