Last Covid-19 patient in Covid-19 hotspot Hai Duong makes complete recovery
The Saigon Times
|Director of the Hai Duong Province Center for Disease Control Nguyen Van Hai grants a hospital discharge certificate to the last Covid-19 patient in the province – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – The last Covid-19 patient until now in Hai Duong, the country's biggest hotspot in the third Covid-19 wave, has made a full recovery and was discharged from the hospital this morning, April 16.
The patient, residing in Binh Han Ward, Hai Duong City, was taken to the Field Hospital No. 2 – Hai Duong Medical Technical University, for Covid-19 treatment on February 25.
After field hospitals in the city were disbanded, she was sent to the Hai Duong Province Hospital for Tropical Diseases for continued treatment on March 28.
During the treatment, she tested negative for Covid-19 three consecutive times, on April 11, 14 and 16.
The patient still has to self-isolate at home for a further 21 days under the monitoring of local authorities and would be further tested for Covid-19 following the Ministry of Health's guidelines.
Nguyen The Anh, vice director of the Hai Duong Province Hospital for Tropical Diseases, said due to old age (62) and diabetes type 2 as an underlying condition, the patient's treatment lasted 51 days, significantly longer than average.
According to the Hai Duong Province Center for Disease Control, there are no longer any active Covid-19 cases in the province. There have been no new community infections reported in the province over the past several weeks.
The province has collected more than 746,100 samples for Covid-19 testing since early this year. All people who had contact with the confirmed positive cases have completed their mandatory quarantine period.
Hai Duong Province was the biggest Covid-19 hotspot in the country during the third Covid-19 wave starting on January 27. The province reported 726 cases out of the country's 910 cases in 13 provinces and cities during that time.
The Hai Duong Province Center for Disease Control alone treated 55 Covid-19 patients, all infected in the third wave.
- New leukaemia therapy produces 'very positive results' in a trial with five out of 14 'incurable' patients disease-free 2.5 years later
- Cognitive Rest After a Concussion Speeds Recovery
- Anorexics and Bulimics Anonymous: Does It Make Sense?
- Five Years Ago, Fentanyl Was An Obscure Hospital Drug. Here’s How It Completely Took Over The US Illicit Drug Market.
- Recovery from Anorexia: Why the Rules *Do* Apply to You
- 1-pound preemie who fought 100 days in NICU heads home after remarkable recovery
- 'This Week' Transcript 6-2-19: Sen. Michael Bennet, Rep. Adam Schiff, Rep. Jim Jordan
- I set up an Instagram profile to look at self-harm images – before trying to kill myself at 19
- 'This Week' Transcript 5-12-19: Rep. Adam Schiff, Sen. Rand Paul and Sen. Cory Booker
- San Francisco Chronicle Best-Sellers May 19
- Recovering from Anorexia: How and Why Not to Stop Halfway
- The end of the Arctic as we know it
Last Covid-19 patient in Covid-19 hotspot Hai Duong makes complete recovery have 476 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.