The conference was jointly held in Lam Dong's Da Lat city by the provincial People's Committee and the Indian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City on April 22.
It was reported at the event that the province exported US$110 million worth of goods to India last year, mainly coffee, silk yarn, and bauxite-aluminium.
Cooperation, however, has yet to match potential and the strengths of both sides, a provincial official said.
Indian Ambassador to Vietnam Pranay Verma said that more than half of agricultural exports from Lam Dong have gone to India and expressed a hope that the two sides will become strategic, comprehensive partners in agriculture.
On this occasion, Lam Dong introduced several major projects, including a tomato processing plant in Don Duong district and the Ka Do industrial complex, as well as incentives for domestic and foreign agricultural processing firms.
Indian partners asked questions regarding solutions to ease the impact of climate change and greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural production, saying they want to import Vietnamese products such as garlic, honey, and fruit.
Meanwhile, Lam Dong said it wants to buy silkworm eggs from India.
Madan Mohan Sethi, Indian Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City, pledged that Indian State management agencies, organisations, and businesses will stand side-by-side with Lam Dong in agricultural production and consumption and share their experience with the province.
- What changed for India after Balakot airstrike?
- Vietnam seeks sustainable development for mulberry silk industry
- India and Nepal rebuild trust amid China's regional ambition
- Vietnam active in pushing for enhanced GMS cooperation
- Breeders to raise high-yield silkworms to reduce imports
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 13
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 6
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 9
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 8
- Fighting COVID-19 together for a shared future
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 14
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 7
Lam Dong, India seek stronger agricultural cooperation have 294 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.