Authorities in Hanoi have suspended such unnecessary entertainment businesses as karaoke parlors, bars and discos after detecting a new local case of COVID-19 on Thursday night.
As per the urgent order of the municipal People's Committee on the same night, all karaoke parlors, bars, discos and game centers have ceased their operations from 0:00 Friday.
All festivals and the operations of weekend pedestrian streets in Hanoi will be also put to a halt while events and activities with large attendance will be restricted.
As the city's latest COVID-19 response, the authorities also required that all people wear face masks when going out.
People failing to comply with the face-mask rule and other disease prevention and control regulations set by the Ministry of Health will be strictly handled.
Relevant agencies and units are requested to prevent and stringently deal with cases of illegal entry into Vietnam.
Management tasks at centralized quarantine facilities, especially serviced quarantine hotels, shall be beefed up to absolutely prevent cross-contamination in these isolation wards and transmission to the community.
The steering committees for COVID-19 prevention and control of districts and towns shall urgently trace, localize, isolate, and quickly test suspected infection cases.
All of these measures were imposed in Hanoi after the country recorded seven community cases of COVID-19 in the capital city, northern Ha Nam Province, and Ho Chi Minh City on Thursday, with authorities fearing the situation may become more complicated during the long public holiday.
Vietnam has registered 2,914 COVID-19 patients, including 1,580 locally-transmitted cases, since the pathogen first struck the nation on January 23, 2020, according to the health ministry's data.
Recoveries have reached 2,516 while 35 patients have died, most having suffered critical pre-existing conditions.
- Da Nang prepares plans for increasing COVID-19 infections
- Daily local Covid-19 cases rise by 300
- Việt Nam records 300 local COVID-19 cases on Sunday
- Prudential financial planner & 2 elderly retirees among new unlinked Covid-19 cases in S'pore
- New Covid-19 infections soar by 94
- Vietnam logs 33 new domestically-transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Southeast Asian nations report surging daily COVID-19 cases
- 3 new COVID-19 cases linked to Bukit Merah View cluster, tally now at 73 infections
- More than 1 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in China: Health ministry
- Da Nang donates 43,000 USD to aid Laos’ COVID-19 fight
Hanoi closes karaoke parlors, bars, discos after new local COVID-19 infection have 379 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.