Held via video conference, the meeting was co-chaired by John McAuliff from the VPCC and VUS General Secretary Bui Van Nghi.
The meeting aimed to share information on an outstanding event among student movements against the war both in Vietnam and in the U.S., and the role of the people's movements during important historic periods.
The People's Peace Treaty was signed by representatives of four U.S. and Vietnamese student organisations in 1971, reflecting their common aspiration for peace and raising a strong voice to end the war waged by the U.S. in Vietnam.
It also contributed to encouraging anti-war movements by American students and peace lovers and pushing Vietnam's fight for national independence.
Speaking at the event, VUFO President Nguyen Phuong Nga expressed her hope that the friendship between the two peoples, especially the younger generations, will grow further, contributing to promoting the comprehensive partnership between the two countries.
Pham Van Chuong, Chairman of the Vietnam Committee for Asian – African – Latin America Solidarity and Cooperation, Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Peace and Development Foundation, and Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Peace Committee, affirmed that the anti-war movement in the U.S. and the signing of the treaty were unprecedented in history, demonstrating the aspiration for peace among progressive Americans and others around the world.
- Ford Mustang Marks 50 Years With All-New Sleek Design, Innovative Technologies and World-Class Performance
- Ford Motor Company And Mustang Club Of America To Mark 50 Years Of Mustang With Twin Birthday Celebrations
- Colombia just finalized its peace treaty with the FARC. As a Colombian, I'm ambivalent
- 50 Years Later, It’s Time for a New War on Poverty
- 50 Years Late, a Prom Comes to Birmingham
- 50 Years After Chaney, Goodman and Schwerner Were Found, We Work To Honor Their Legacy
- King's Heirs Still Grappling With His Killing 50 Years Later
- NIreland marks 20 years of peace deal as Brexit casts shadow
- 1963-2013: 50 Years OF Race-Winning Success As McLaren Celebrates Half Century
- MSNBC to Host Selma: 50 Years Later
- 50 Years After the Detroit Rebellion, the Media Is Making the Same Mistakes on Race
- Jorge Ramos: This is the most important immigration move in almost 50 years
Gathering marks 50 years of Vietnam - U.S. People’s Peace Treaty have 355 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.