They are the mother, father, wife and child of the 27-year-old man who returned to Vietnam from Japan earlier this month.
The man returned from Japan on April 7 and was quarantined at the Alisia Beach hotel in central Da Nang City. He tested negative for the coronavirus thrice during his stay.
On April 22 he returned home in Ha Nam and self-isolated himself. But on April 24 he began to display symptoms like coughing, fever and throat pain, and was taken to a local medical facility for testing.
Following the positive test result, he has been quarantined at the Ha Nam General Hospital and at least 32 people who had close contact with him since his return have been quarantined and tested.
Further tests are needed to confirm the man and his family members as Covid-19 cases.
But Ha Nam Province is already on high alert.
Quan Nhan Village of Ha Nam's Ly Nhan District, where the man's family resides, has been put under lockdown. The village has over 1,000 residents.
Tourist, religious sites, and entertainment places across the province such as massage and karaoke parlors have been closed.
The Health Ministry is calling for people who traveled on the same flight from Japan with the man (VJ3613) and have left quarantine to report themselves for testing.
Vietnam has recorded 2,865 Covid-19 cases so far with 35 deaths.
- The Latest: More crew test positive on Norway cruise ship
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia June 24
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 6
- Coronavirus UPDATES: 135,000 face job cuts at Brit firms as furlough winds down
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 7
- Vietnam reports two new COVID-19 cases, tally now 812
- Vietnam records three new imported cases on Wednesday morning
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 8
- Two new Covid-19 cases linked to Da Nang outbreak
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 10
- Two new cases reported Sunday morning, one in Hà Nội
Four family members in northern Vietnam test positive for coronavirus have 315 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.