FM Wang Yi affirmed that China attaches importance to promoting the comprehensive strategic cooperative partnership with Vietnam.
The two FMs vowed to bring the role of the Foreign Ministry in coordinating and promoting cooperation across the fields in bilateral ties into full play, towards a healthy and substantial growth in economic-trade relations, and to maintain discussions on international and regional issues of mutual concern.
The two sides discussed sea-related issues in a sincere and straightforward manner and agreed to continue optimising the role of existing negotiating mechanisms. Minister Son said that the two sides should handle disputes in the spirit of respecting each other's legitimate rights and interests, bilateral agreements and common perception, and international law, including the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, and work together with ASEAN to achieve positive progress regarding a Code of Conduct in the East Sea (COC).
* During his phone talks with his Indian counterpart Subrahmanyam Jaishankar on the same day, the Vietnamese and Indian foreign ministers agreed to coordinate closely in order to effectively promote the action programme implementing the comprehensive strategic partnership between the two countries for 2021-2023.
Jaishankar praised achievements recorded by Vietnam over the past time, especially in external affairs, such as its ASEAN Chairmanship 2020.
The ministers rejoiced at the steps of development of the Vietnam-India comprehensive strategic partnership, and concurred to maintain the existing cooperation mechanisms.
FM Son appreciated India's support for Vietnam's sustainable development goals through quick impact projects (QIPs).
Vietnam backs India's "Act East Policy", he said, suggesting that the two countries step up cooperation and support each other at multilateral forums, especially in 2021 when both countries serve as non-permanent members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
* Also on April 16, FM Son and Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates Nasser Bourita held phone talks to discuss bilateral cooperation and coordination in multilateral forums.
Minister Son expressed his delight at the steps of development in the Vietnam-Morocco ties over the past 60 years and affirmed that Vietnam treasures the friendship and multifaceted cooperation with Morocco.
To boost the bilateral relations to match with each other's potential and demand, the two ministers discussed measures to enhance cooperation, especially in the fields of trade, investment, banking, culture, tourism, and education-training, among others.
- Egyptian, British FMs hold phone talk on developments in Palestine, Libya, Nile Dam dispute
- Chinese FM talks over phone with Dutch counterpart
- Chinese FM talks over phone with Egyptian counterpart
- India warns China of serious impact on ties, Modi talks of ‘befitting’ reply
- How this Long Island man ended up in a Chinese prison on espionage charges
- Vietnam, Japan hold deputy defense minister-level talks
- India Wants Peace But Won't Compromise on Country's Sovereignty, Modi Says Amid Tensions With China
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News — May 30
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia June 29
- Wave of grief as mortal remains Ladakh martyrs reach home
- Outnumbered, Indian soldiers stood ground in violent seven-hour face-off
- Together in tourism
FM Bui Thanh Son holds phone talk with Chinese counterpart have 494 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.