The floating restaurants and cruise boats, which have been suspended since early 2017, have seriously deteriorated. They occupy thousands of square metres of the water surface near Nhat Chieu Street. In the area, many canoes, boats and floats have also been left to rot.
In May 2019, the fire brigade had to put out a boat that had suddenly caught fire.
At present, around 10 big-size floating houses and cruises are lying there. They have been used by criminals.
The suspension of the business services on the West Lake was intended to protect the environment.
Despite being fenced, parts of the vessels and the barriers have been stolen.
People who live near the area expected the local authorities would remove the floating restaurants and other vessels from the lake to deal with the environmental pollution. Some floating restaurants were caught directly discharging untreated wastewater into the lake.
- LED board may cancel incentives for idled $80M Lake Providence bioenergy plant
- Review: Silver Lake’s First Hotel Sets the Bar Very High
- The Azores holiday guide: what to see plus the best bars, restaurants and places to stay
- Three favorite new restaurants in the San Gabriel Valley
- West Bengal: PWD starts work on two VIP Road underpasses
- Meteorologist captures stunning image of 'ice volcanoes' erupting on the shore of Lake Michigan where freezing waves are sent shooting into the air
- Weekend getaway to Jenkinson Lake
- My 50 favourite UK restaurants: critic Marina O'Loughlin's choice
- Why the next round is on £8m-a-year Star Wars hero Daisy
- Top 10 Neighborhoods in Chicago to Move and Live In This Year
- Ice balls appear on Lake Michigan beach, wash up 'by the thousands'
- Review: At Silver Lake’s Bar Restaurant, the name doesn’t say it all
Floating restaurants left idle on the West Lake for years have 293 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.