They are the first out of the total 120 volunteers in the trials to receive the second shot, which is administered 28 days after the first one.
Since the start of the trials (March 15), 96 volunteers have been injected with the first shot and the remainder are expected to be inoculated by April 18.
In July, a mid-term report on the vaccine’s trials is planned to be done.
Covivac, which was developed by the Health Ministry's Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals, is in the first stage of clinical testing by the Hanoi Medical University's Centre of Clinical Pharmacology.
According to Associate Professor, Dr Pham Thi Van Anh, head of the centre, 66 volunteers showed slight reactions like swelling in injected area and headache, which disappeared within 24 hours after injection without need for treatment, and no serious side effects were seen during the seven days after injection.
According to Deputy Minister of Health Tran Van Thuan, the ministry is expecting that Vietnam will have its own vaccine for use and even export between late 2021 and early 2022.
- First coronavirus vaccine trial in the US is recruiting volunteers
- HIV vaccine test hopes for breakthrough in combat against the virus
- Get PAID to have coronavirus: Scientists in London will pay volunteers £3,500 to be infected in experiments to develop a vaccine for the deadly virus
- Clinical Trial For Coronavirus Vaccine To Start Monday, Government Official Says
- Volunteers Offered $4,500 To Be Infected With Coronavirus In Bid To Find Vaccine
- HIV vaccine study halted by US government over unsuccessful shots
- Aids vaccine 'breakthrough' hopes dashed
- Coronavirus explained: What you need to know about getting sick, treatment and future vaccines
- Don't hold your breath for a coronavirus vaccine... by the time they find one, it could all be over
- When will a coronavirus vaccine be ready?
- 'This is war': Doctor leading search for coronavirus vaccine says it's the most frightening disease he's ever encountered as second British victim is confirmed and number of UK cases rises to 163
- Coronavirus vaccine: Canadian company claims to have found a cure and could do human tests in weeks
First six volunteers receive second shots in Covivac vaccine trials have 338 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.