HCM City has just approved and issued a project to develop the logistics industry in the city until 2025, with a vision to 2030 to develop logistics to become a key service industry of the city,
account for an increasingly high proportion in the structure of the gross regional domestic product (GRDP), thereby, helping the city to improve the role of the hub for domestic goods exchange and connection with the international market, contributing to reducing the rate of national logistics costs against the national GDP.
|Tan Cang – Cat Lai Port in Thu Duc City. (Photo: SGGP)|
Small-scale logistics enterprises
The country currently has about 4,000 professional enterprises. Of which, the leading multinational logistics enterprises in the world have already been present in Vietnam. The size of Vietnam’s logistics service market is small, at about 2-4 percent of GDP, but its growth rate is extremely high, estimated to increase by 20-25 percent per year. Importantly, the Vietnamese economy is forecasted to still outperform in Southeast Asia in the next 10 years. The advantage of a coastline stretching from North to South and the fast-developing e-commerce industry are plus points for the development of logistics.
Which direction for development?
Dr. Tran Du Lich, a member of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Group, said that if a leading ecosystem in the logistics sector was not established in HCMC, which locality would be able to do this? Therefore, the implementation needs to be considered carefully and get opinions from many dimensions so that we have a quick, successful, and correct plan.
Seven logistics centers
- Cutlery industry needs spice, and the govt should give it
- Auto industry seeks consistency of policies
- The NHS ‘needs a cohesive policy to new tech’
- Record port traffic proves need for 'right' Brexit deal
- Search for ‘science’ in industrial policies
- Gwadar to help realise dream of development
- Pakistan in the global tourism industry
- Monetary policy: SBP leaves key interest rate unchanged at 5.75%
- CM inaugurates Human Development Forum
- Minimum wage: K-P takes action against 252 industrial units
- Do not disturb: 3 ways the UK hospitality industry can continue to prosper post-Brexit
- Speech Benoît Cœuré: Outlook for monetary policy in the euro area
Development of logistics industry needs outstanding mechanism, policy support have 352 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.