In November 2017, Adamed Pharma, a Polish pharmaceutical and biotechnology company, acquired the controlling stake in Davipharm, one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in Vietnam. This is the largest-ever direct private Polish investment in Vietnam.
With over 10 million US dollars invested by Adamed by the end of 2020, Davipharm's production plant in Binh Duong, Vietnam's first HP Zone for the production of oncological drugs in solid forms, is an important milestone in terms of investing in high-quality. This will be followed by EU-GMP certification later this year as a continuation of the company strategy focused on raising standards of drug production.
Michal Wieczorek, CEO of Davipharm, said: "The HP Zone in Davipharm answers the needs of Vietnam's Ministry of Health, providing high-quality oncological drugs to Vietnamese patients. It will also increase the role of domestic drug manufacturers in optimizing the state budget, improve patient safety, and provide medicines to treat some of the most common diseases in Vietnam.
"Currently, eight out of ten people in Vietnam die from non-communicable diseases (NCDs), including cancers. This is also why Davipharm decided to be the first domestic drug manufacturer to become a partner of the Ministry of Health (MoH) in the prevention, early detection, and treatment of NCDs in Vietnam. We are proud to support MoH's project 'Vietnamese people giving priority to using Vietnamese drugs'".
According to new regulations from Vietnam's Ministry of Health, as well as guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO), European Medicines Agency (EMA) and Pharmaceutical Inspection Co-operation Scheme (PIC/S), the production of certain products containing hazardous substances must be run at separate premises meeting specific criteria.
Davipharm's portfolio includes 28 high potency (HP) drugs, among them oncology drugs for treatment of breast cancer, leukemia, pancreas, colorectal, stomach, cervix, prostate and lung cancer and glioblastoma.
The company has the capacity to produce batches from 15kg to 100kg with an annual output of five hundred million units of HP drugs. The total capacity of the factory is 1,800 million units a year.
- Bau Bang District of Binh Duong Province draws investment in high-tech sector
- HORASIS makes spectacular return to enrich Binh Duong
- Sun Casa Central – Another successful housing project by VSIP in Binh Duong
- Moms Square Off Over Colorado High Potency Pot Bill
- Contructions starts on the "Midori Park The Glory" condominium in Binh Duong
- World Trade Center Binh Duong New City to open this month
- Demand for industrial real estate remains high as more companies relocate to Vietnam
- Questions arise over diabetes drug recall
- Vietnam needs to open borders for tourism recovery: experts
- High-tech farming thriving in southern region
- High-tech a bright spot in FDI picture
- A Singaporean all-rounder rises high
Davipharm’s first High Potency Drugs Zone opens in Binh Duong have 447 words, post on ven.vn at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.