At the ministry's regular press conference, Viet said right after new COVID-19 developments were reported in India and a number of Southeast Asian nations, the ministry directed Vietnamese representative agencies there to prepare citizen protection measures and closely coordinate with local competent agencies to get updated on the situations with a special focus on treating Vietnamese citizens in need.
He said that these Vietnamese agencies have continually posted relevant updates on their official websites and recommended Vietnamese citizens raise their awareness on pandemic control and follow related regulations of the host nations.
In Cambodia, they can either call the embassy's phone number +85597020561 or the citizen protection line +84981848484.
Regarding reporters' queries on an announcement of Malaysian authorities on April 26 on the arrest of three Vietnamese fishing vessels allegedly involving in illegal fishing on the country's territorial waters, the Vice Spokesman said the ministry had promptly directed the Vietnamese Embassy to immediately contact local competent agencies, requesting humanitarian treatment for fishermen, to verify relevant information, and to proactively conduct necessary citizen protection measures.
Vietnam consistently advocates the development of fishing towards sustainability with a focus on the conservation and promotion of aquatic resources, environmental protection, and international cooperation, he stated.
Vietnamese fishermen are educated all the time on having to respect the laws of Vietnam and other countries as well as relevant international commitments of Vietnam, Viet said. They have been told not to intrude upon territorial waters belonging to other coastal countries' sovereignty and sovereignty rights defined in the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea ( UNCLOS ), Viet added./.
- Police believe all lorry victims were Vietnamese
- Hockey India refutes Pakistan coach’s claim of India backing out of the final
- England batsman gain advantage against India as Alastair Cook continues final Test innings
- England batsmen gain advantage against India as Alastair Cook continues final Test innings
- Alastair Cook lives to fight a final day as England batsmen gain advantage against India
- Pak coach says wanted to play ACT final despite soggy pitch; blatant lie, asserts India
- Basil Thampi braves floods; set to rejoin India Blue
- 2015 Rickshaw Run To Get Underway On 5th August
- Israeli, Palestinian girls to share experience at football event in India
- India-bound SWM Superdual T first ride review
- India’s shift to e-mobility can save $330bn by 2030, reduce 1 gigaton of CO2: FICCI-Rocky Mountain Institute Report
- Jean Todt: ‘India in dire need of reforms in its Motor Vehicle Act to improve road safety.’
Coordination underway to arrange repatriation flights for Vietnamese citizens in India have 578 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.