Hanoi (VNA) – Deep-sea port SP-SSA International Terminal (SSIT) in the Cai Mep-Thi Vai port cluster in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau berthed MP The Belichick – a container vessel operated by Swiss logistics firm Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) on April 13.
The ship is destined for the US's West Coast under a newly launched container service called Sentosa.
It embarked from Singapore and travels through Thailand's Laem Chabang City and Ba Ria-Vung Tau to Long Beach City in the US's Pacific Southwest, and will return to Singapore through China's Shanghai, Ningbo and Xiamen cities.
The route aims to connect Southeast Asia with markets in southwestern Pacific, thus further promoting trade activities between the two regions.
Despite severe impacts posed by the COVID-19 pandemic on the global economy, Vietnam's exports still recorded positive results, even breakthroughs.
As the demand for export to the US has risen sharply, MSC has put the above-mentioned service into operation to satisfy the demand.
According to the General Statistics Office, the US remained the largest importer of Vietnamese goods in the first quarter of 2021, with turnover of 21.2 billion USD, up 32.8 percent year-on-year./.
- The best hotels, flights, destinations, cruises and attractions of 2019
- The 2019 Wander List: 20 hottest places to travel this year
- Search for missing British cruise ship entertainer suspended by Coast Guard
- Pirates Attack MSC Mandy Vessel Off Benin's Coast, 6 Kidnapped
- The top travel destinations for 2019, according to Airbnb
- The thrilling destinations you need to visit in 2019
- Coast Guard alerted '10 hours after British man went overboard from cruise ship'
- Responsibility for Sea Watch impasse falls on us all, Casa tells MEPs
- EC President Tusk receives lists of Russian citizens, ships involved in attack on Ukraine's navy
- European super trawler a threat to UK fishing warns MEP – ‘They’re going to take it all!’
- AFP: UN urges states to open Med ports to 49 stranded migrants
- The hottest holiday destinations you should be visiting in 2019
Cai Mep – Thi Vai port receives vessel destined for West Coast of US have 334 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.