The house in which Le Duan, then Secretary of the Central Office for South Vietnam, used to work
Pham Van Thieu, chairman of Bac Lieu People’s Committee, said Bac Lieu was proud to be able to contribute to the reunification of the nation as a key base in the south-western area.
“For this day, we are grateful for Ho Chi Minh and older generations who sacrificed for peace and union,” Thieu said during a celebration for the Reunification Holiday.
During the celebration, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism transferred the certificate that recognises Cai Chanh Military Base as the national special historical site to Bac Lieu authorities.
Cai Chanh Military Base is located in Cay Cui Hamlet, Hong Dan District. From 1949 to 1952, high-ranking officials worked at the base to lead many movements in the southern region like Le Duan, Pham Hung and Nguyen Thuong Vu. Vo Van Kiet, then deputy party secretary of Bac Lieu also chose to work at Cai Chanh Base.
On January 26, 2011, Cai Chanh Base was already recognised as a national historical site.
Cai Chanh Base covers over 50,000 square metres and was invested VND32bn for renovation and conservation.
- Military bases open their doors to home-schoolers
- CIA, military at odds over Afghanistan pullback plan
- US military remains dominant in Asia, but China is rising
- Libya Islamists seize key Benghazi army base
- Ukraine accuses Russia of abducting female military pilot
- World powers, Iran clinch ‘historic’ nuclear deal
- NHCP opens museum at historical Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery
- Vying to access the Middle East’s Holy Sites
- The ‘Mother of All Bombs’ blast site is still off-limits, but here’s who it may have killed
- The making of a Philippine national hero
- Israeli jets strike Syrian military installation
- Nation must confront the curse of typhoons
- MILF pact could allow US bases in Bangsamoro homeland
- AGENDA FOR NATIONAL TRANSFORMATION
- PH-US pact bad copy of Bulgarian, Romanian treaties
- It’s our 117th anniversary
- THE MANILA TIMES OWNERS
- Outweighing the detrimental costs
- The 25 places you need to visit in 2018, according to the world’s top travel experts
- The history of the RP-US Mutual Defense Treaty since 1951
Cai Chanh Military Base recognised as national special historical site have 353 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.