|By David Jackson CEO, Colliers Vietnam|
In the past year, Vietnam's economy which showed resilience amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and was one of a few countries to register GDP growth in 2020 and is forecast by the World Bank that GDP will increase 6.81 per cent in 2021. This creates higher confidence amongst buyers in the real estate market of Vietnam.
Branded residences attract foreigners, overseas Vietnamese, and rich Vietnamese people alike. Grand Marina Saigon that is backed by Marriott International has created confidence among customers both locally and abroad. When it was launched in Hong Kong most recently, many customers invested without visiting the project or showroom.
The well-known brand has attracted many buyers, and Vietnam's real estate has attracted many foreign investors who are looking at alternative markets with higher upside potential when investment opportunities in their own countries are becoming saturated.
Hotel-branded apartments are easier to rent out due to their quality and brand name, and the hotels may have databases of potential tenants. With many favourable factors such as prime location, quality construction, unique design, wide range of utilities, dedicated service, lifestyle benefits, and trusted global brand name, it is likely that the value of the property will remain high and appreciate over the long term.
Vietnam's urban branded residence price is similar to projects in Bangkok, but significantly lower than those in Hong Kong, which can fetch more than $45,000 per square metre.
In terms of numbers, Vietnam is only at the infancy stages of the branded residences concept, whereas many other countries already have many projects.
For example, the US has at least 130 projects, Europe has over 50, China has more than 30, and Dubai and Bangkok have at least 15 projects. Approximately three-quarters of the branded residences are in urban areas while the remaining quarter are located in resorts.
- Digital-first brands took just three years to hit Rs 100 crore
- Story of cities #32: Jane Jacobs v Robert Moses, battle of New York's urban titans
- Rosy outlook: Agents see a bright market this spring, while potential sellers watch for a window to market their homes
- Eerie photos show decaying medical equipment in care home which was shut down and abandoned last year after being branded 'inadequate' in damning inspections
- Bright murals greet visitors to poor Bolivian neighborhood
- With new To Kalon brand, Constellation revives legendary Napa wine dispute
- Wily coyotes take up residence at Trump's New York City golf course
- The best and worst brand designs of the decade
- VN residential market derives from bright economic outlook, golden demographics
- Kellyanne Conway, Steve Mnuchin, Rudy Giuliani - Trump's team enjoyed lavish parties at British embassy as ambassador used posh residence to wine and dine senior officials to curry favor with administration
- Giant int'l brands prefer fashion-conscious HCM City
- Exclusive: Lessons From Airbnb’s First Foray Into Urban Renewal
Bright potential for urban branded residences have 460 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.