In an interview with the Vietnam News Agency's correspondent in Belgium on April 28, Anne Lambelin, Vice President of the Belgian Socialist Party, said the successful organisation of the 13th National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) and the perfection of key leadership by the Vietnamese National Assembly will offer the two countries opportunities to expand their multifaceted cooperation.
The increasing presence of young deputies in the next Vietnamese legislature is hoped to create favorable conditions for the two sides to further strengthen future cooperation, she said.
Referring to the prospect of multilateral cooperation, Lambelin emphasized that the European Union (EU) – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), which has come into effect for eight months, is benefiting European countries and Vietnam in import and export fields.
As a country that attaches great importance to international trade and looks toward economic diplomacy through FTAs, Belgium considers the EVFTA an opportunity to promote its collaboration with Vietnam.
Cooperation in culture and education will also be a highlight in the bilateral relationship, while economic, cultural, and judicial connections will be paid more attention in the relations between the EU and Vietnam, she noted.
Regarding the East Sea (South China Sea) issue, she emphasized the need to respect the self-determination of the people in each country on natural resources and national integrity, expressing her hope that there would be no escalation of tensions in the waters in the future and people in the region would not become victims of aggressive acts.
- Belgium's German Minority Mostly Unmoved by Autonomy Debate
- Belgian Woes Mirror Europe's Expansion Challenges
- Battle of the bands: Belgian music industry fights linguistic loyalties
- Dangerous neighbors: German-Belgian nuclear agreement doesn't fix problem
- Belgium's German-speaking cantons ponder their position
- Despite concerns, Germany approves sale of nuclear fuel elements to Belgian reactors
- Belgian minister steps down after ignoring terror warnings
- Catalonia crisis: Arrest warrant expected for Carles Puigdemont
- Brussels fallout: Flemish right vs. francophone left
- Brussels' Great Mosque and ties with Salafism
- Spain issues European arrest warrant for Carles Puigdemont
- Divided EU Seeks to Boost Pro-European Parties in Serbia
Belgium, Vietnam see growing multifaceted cooperation: Belgian politician have 337 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.