Bamboo Airways launches new domestic air routes
The Saigon Times
|A Bamboo Airways aircraft is seen taking off. The carrier has launched three more domestic air routes connecting Quy Nhon City of Binh Dinh Province with the cities of Can Tho, Dalat, and Thanh Hoa – PHOTO: VNA|
HCMC – Local carrier Bamboo Airways has launched three more domestic air routes connecting Quy Nhon City of Binh Dinh Province with the cities of Can Tho, Dalat and Thanh Hoa, reported Bnews news site.
The carrier will operate five weekly flights on the Quy Nhon-Can Tho route, four weekly flights on the Quy Nhon-Dalat route and three flights per week on the Quy Nhon-Thanh Hoa route.
The launch of the three new air routes has raised the total number of air routes linking other localities in the country with Phu Cat airport in Binh Dinh to seven, with 60 daily flights to and from the airport.
Lam Hai Giang, vice chairman of the Binh Dinh Provincial People's Committee, said that the addition of air services marked a new development stage in the province's air passenger transport and tourism. This will also contribute to the province's target of welcoming four million air passengers in 2021 and eight million air passengers by 2025.
In a related development, Bamboo Airways has continued to increase its charter capital by VND3.5 trillion to VND16 trillion, making it the largest Vietnamese airline by charter capital as of now. The fresh additional capital was contributed from private sources, reported VnExpress .
Overall, the carrier has adjusted its charter capital upward twice this month. Earlier, on April 13, it announced raising the charter capital from VND10.5 trillion to VND12.5 trillion.
Bamboo Airways was established in May 2017 with an initial charter capital of VND700 billion. The carrier has increased its charter capital seven times to date.
Bamboo is also planning to increase its fleet from 30 to 40 aircraft by the end of the year. In Vietnam, it currently operates 60 domestic routes. Last year, it transported over seven million passengers, holding a market share of 20% and aiming to hit 30% by the end of 2021
- Samaná Welcomes New American Airlines Route To And From Charlotte
- Centre has no plans to develop a 'Budget Air Service': Civil Aviation Ministry
- Centre has no plans to develop 'Budget Air Service': Civil Aviation Ministry informs Lok Sabha
- Air New Zealand dethroned as the world's best airline by Qatar Airways
- Routes: Gun-toting fliers, mask survey, Delta at SJC, AA/JetBlue, Canada reopens, more
- Tata Sons sets the ball rolling for buying Air India
- Lockdown eased: Great getaway to launch on Monday - and here's how
- US holidays: JetBlue launches low-cost UK to New York flights to rival BA and Virgin
- Probe in Thailand Uncovers Graft in Thai Airways Airbus A340 Deal
- Bubble burst: New Zealand suspends quarantine-free travel with Australia
- Russian airlines bet on domestic recovery with airshow deals
- COVID-19: New Zealand suspends quarantine-free travel with Australia
- Government to slash domestic airfares to get more Aussies to holiday at home
- Bain Capital becomes the new owner of Virgin Australia after creditors agree to $3.5 billion deal
- Cardiff Airport: Wizz Air base to create 40 new jobs
- Cardiff-Anglesey air link to continue, say ministers
- Jet2 adds flights to Madeira as BA and Wizz Air unveil new cheap holiday deals
- New Zealand suspends quarantine-free travel with Australia as Covid bubble bursts
- Weekly flights between Kathmandu and New Delhi increased from 2 to 6: Report
- Ryanair announces 20 new routes from Manchester and Liverpool for 2021
Bamboo Airways launches new domestic air routes have 558 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.