The Thong Nhat Speed Cup this year will take place at Thong Nhat Stadium in HCM City on April 22-24.
|Athlete Le Tu Chinh will compete at the upcoming Speed Cup. Photo plo.vn|
The event is expected to lure top national athletes such as SEA Games champion Le Tu Chinh, Khuat Phuong Anh, Phan Van Hoang, Nguyen Thi Ngoc, and Le Ngoc Phuc.
Participants will compete in 31 categories for men and women.
The 23-year-old athlete Chinh of HCM City is considered the ‘Queen of Speed’ in Southeast Asia as she won two gold medals in the women's 100m and 200m at the 2017 SEA Games and defended her gold medal in the 100m at the Games 2019.
At the National Athletics Championship last year, Chinh won five gold medals and is expected to continue to shine at the Speed Cup.
With the goal of earning a spot at the Tokyo Olympics, Quach Cong Lich, Quach Thi Lan and their teammates in the 400m group will travel to Poland to attend the 2021 IAAF World Relays which is scheduled to take place on May 1 – 2 so they will miss the Speed Cup.
The 2021 IAAF World Relays is the last chance for the Vietnamese team to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics. Previously, the Vietnamese 4x400m mixed relay team won a gold medal at the SEA Games 30 with a time of 3:19.50, making them 17th in the world.
To qualify for Japan, the 400m running team will have to be among the top 16 teams.
To prepare for the event in Poland, the Vietnamese team have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
They will leave for Poland on April 29.
- HCM City International Marathon attracts record entries
- HCM City seeks approval to decide major projects
- Little Em’s preschool opens in HCM City
- HCM city sees high demand for skilled workers in September
- Man Utd must spend £1BILLION to compete with Liverpool and City, claims Chris Sutton – as Harry Redknapp calls them worst ever
- Wigan's Ben Watson enjoys his FA Cup hero status after Cardiff are seen off
- 58 billion USD for North-South high speed train: consultants
- Concerns raised over Vietnam’s North-South high-speed railway project
- Quy Nhon city to host VnExpress Marathon
- Pre-feasibility study of high-speed railway project submitted to PM
- Vietnamese athletes shine at Int’l Track & Field – Vietnam Open 2018
- Track and field athletes ready to seek golds at ASIAD
Athletes to compete in Speed Cup in HCM City have 387 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.