The market ended mixed after Wednesday’s morning session with many big stocks in the southern market posting losses.
On the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), the benchmark VN-Index dropped 0.38 per cent to 1,182.11 points. At the end of the morning session, 203 stocks climbed while 224 stocks declined.
Many big stocks across all sectors faced strong selling pressure, leading to a loss of 0.37 per cent to 1,190.32 points in the VN30-Index. Of 30 biggest stocks, 21 stocks slid while only seven rose.
Of which, Vingroup JSC (VIC) posted the biggest loss, down 1.2 per cent. Followed by Vinhomes JSC (VHM) and Vietcombank (VCB).
Most of the seven stocks witnessing positive performance were in the banking sector, including VietinBank (CTG), HDBank (HDB), TPBank (TPB) and VPBank (VPB). The rest included Hoang Huy Investment Financial Services JSC (TCH), Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC (PNJ) and Mobile World Investment Corporation (MWG).
During the morning session, over 415.5 million shares were traded, worth VND10.4 trillion.
Meanwhile, the HNX-Index on the Ha Noi Stock Exchange (HNX) rose 1.47 per cent to 251.58 points despite a drop in the 30 large-cap tracker of the northern market HNX30-Index.
Accordingly, the HNX30-Index fell 0.48 per cent to end the morning session at 371.72 points. VNS
- R&D Market Pulse: Post-Allison Improvements Prevented Harvey R&D Losses
- Midday Report: Nasdaq, Techs Mixed on Consumer Confidence Drop
- Computer Glitches Heaped Fuel on Stock Sell-Off
- Tech Stock Standouts of 2001 - If You Only Knew
- Russell 3000 to Drop Webvan, Buy.com
- R&D Market Pulse: Heavy Hitters Added to the Index
- MARKET REPORT US Stocks Basically Flat on Dearth of News, Light Volume
- FINANCIAL NEWS Stock Markets Plummet as Oil Prices Surge
- Consumer Confidence Dips, Stocks Hold Steady
- MARKET REPORT Stocks Rally as Dollar Moves Up
- FINANCIAL NEWS Stocks Erase Early Losses as Oil Prices Slacken
- FINANCIAL NEWS Inflation Fears Override M&A Activity To Push Stocks Down
VN-Index drops on losses of pillar stocks have 300 words, post on bizhub.vn at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.