"Vi" is the only Vietnamese movie to join the festival, which takes place in two stages, from March 1 to 5 and from June 9 to 20, 2021.
"Vi" is about a Nigerian football player playing in the Vietnamese football league. After he breaks his leg, he is forced to leave the team and find a job in a sex parlour to provide for his wife and son back home.
Bao got the idea for the film years ago based on his high-school memories. At that time, he saw black men on buses while going to school. Bao was obsessed by these men who seemed to have overcome some significant challenges.
First-time filmmaker Bao has composed a delicate, sensory meditation that conjures up many a thought in the viewer's mind.
In "Vi" the actors are amateurs, including the call girls.
Earlier, the film won the "Most Potential Project" award at the Singapore International Film Festival in 2020.
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Berlinale has developed a new festival format for its 71st edition and is delighted to thus be able to hold the festival for both the industry and the general public.
From June 9-20, the Summer Special will give the general public the opportunity to see the majority of the 2021 selected films in Berlin cinemas in the presence of filmmakers.
- Coimbatore filmmaker Arun Karthick’s 'Nasir' wins a Tiger/ Special Jury Awards at the International Film Festival Rotterdam
- Music beyond boundaries: Indian teen wins child prodigy award for singing in 120 languages at a concert
- Judge refuses to recuse himself from Harvey Weinstein rape trial and scolds 'non-compliant, challenging and defiant' movie mogul as jury selection heads into third day with a pool of 66 potential jurors
- Controversial VN movie grabs another int’l award
- IFFI 2019 Winners' List: French Film 'Particles' Wins Golden Peacock
- Zee Cine Awards Tamil 2020: Dhanush, Aishwarya Rajesh, Nayanthara win big
- First Look at Ricky Gervais' Special Correspondents Netflix Cast
- Jeremy Irons to head Berlin Film Festival jury
- ‘Watchmen’s’ Jeremy Irons to Head Jury at Berlin Film Festival
- Russia's 'Beanpole' Wins Best International Feature at Palm Springs Film Festival
- Zee Cine Awards Tamil 2020: Nayanthara, Ajith, Dhanush, Super Deluxe, Win Top Honours!
- Harvey Weinstein accuser Ashley Judd says the disgraced movie mogul will never take responsibility for his actions and speaks about the 'essential and powerful' bond between his alleged victims as his NYC trial begins
Vietnamese movie wins Special Jury Award at 71st Berlinale have 394 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.