According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the concept of humane treatment of domestic animals is still new to many people in Vietnam so the administrative fines will be light at first to raise awareness about the law among the public. The punishment was included in Decree 14 issued in 2021 about administrative violations in farming.
Head of the communal police departments and chairman of the people’s committees of all levels have the authority to issue the fines. Individuals could be fined VND1m (USD43) to VND3m if they beat, cage, or neglect their animals. The fine for an organisation is VND6m.
Slaughterhouses that beat animals or do not have any cages to ensure sanitation before slaughtering them will also be fined VND3m to VND5m. The decree also increased the fines from VND30m (USD1,300) to VND50m for those who pump water and other substances into the animals before they are slaughtered.
Depending on the total number of animals being abused, the fines may change. Violators will be fined from VND5m (USD216) to VND10m if the total weight of the animals is under 100kg and up to VND30m to VND50m if the total weight is over one tonne.
The decree will take effect from April 20 and will be applied for pets and farm animals such as dogs, chicken, ducks and cows.
- Woman Makes 'Ugly Cat' Undergo $1,500 Plastic Surgery, Accused Of Animal Abuse
- PETA Lawsuit Claims USDA Illegally Took Down Animal-Abuse Reports
- San Diego Couple Accused of Hoarding 170 Yorkies Plead Guilty to Animal Abuse
- SC rejects Vijay Mallya’s plea in FERA violation case, imposes 10 lakh fine for abuse of process of law
- Drunk Man Sexually Assaulted Fiancee’s Dog ‘Out Of Anger,’ Animal Euthanized
- VN Fine Arts Museum celebrates lacquer master’s 110th birthday
- Man Jailed For Bestiality, Abused Dog To Be Euthanized
- Groups Hope to Stop Animal Sacrifices During Nepal's Biggest Festival
- German Bestiality Law: Challenge To Ban On Sex With Animals Thrown Out Of Court
- How EU, Vietnam found a common voice on landmark trade deal
- 2 Women Who Stole Service Dog From Vietnam Veteran With PTSD Arrested
- Lawmakers are strengthening animal cruelty measures
Vietnam to fine animal abusers have 376 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.