The flights aim to meet demand of Vietnamese passengers travelling to Japan, South Korea and Australia for study and work.
National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines will resume some international flights from April 1 after a long hiatus caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The carrier said in a release that flights aim to meet demand of Vietnamese passengers travelling to Japan, South Korea and Australia for study and work. The routes include Hanoi – Narita, Hanoi – Incheon, Hanoi – Sydney and Ho Chi Minh City (HCM City) – Sydney.
Vietnam Airlines to resume some international flights. Photo: VNA
Vietnam Airlines on March 25 resumed international commercial operations with its first flight arriving in the central city of Danang from Taiwan.
Over 200 passengers arrived from Taipei, all paying from their pockets for quarantine and Covid-19 testing on landing.
“This flight marked the restart of Vietnam Airlines’ inbound commercial flights after a period of suspension due to the serious development of Covid-19,” the carrier said.
Before departure, all passengers had to furnish a certificate showing they had tested negative for the novel coronavirus based on an RT-PCR test done three days before the flight.
They also had to submit papers for quarantine registration in Vietnam and install Bluetooth-based app that shows if a person has come into close contact with a Covid-19 patient.
Those testing positive for Covid-19 will be admitted for treatment, and the rest can move from the quarantine center to isolation at home, place of work or a hotel until they complete the 14-day mandatory quarantine under the supervision of local authorities.
Further information could be found on the website www.vietnamairlines.com , Vietnam Airlines mobile app and Facebook page www.facebook.com/VietnamAirline s, its ticket agents nationwide or customer care hotline 1900 1100.
Vietnam closed national borders and canceled all international flights in March last year with only Vietnamese repatriates, foreign experts and highly-skilled workers allowed in since then with stringent conditions.
- Vietnam Airlines to cancel flights on August 2 due to storm Wipha
- Vietnam Airlines increases flights for passengers affected by bad weather
- Vietnam Airlines to open Hanoi-Dong Hoi route in June
- Vietnam Airlines works to complete procedures for direct flights to US
- Vietnam Airlines increases flights to popular tourist destinations
- Passengers to pay $8-10 for using wifi service on Vietnam Airlines’ flights
- Vietnam Airlines retires last Airbus A330
- Airlines reschedule domestic flights as storm Matmo approaches central region
- Vietnam Airlines to offer in-flight wifi
- Vietnam Airlines launches direct route to China’s Hainan province
- Businessman fined for sexual harassment on Vietnam Airlines flight
- Vietnam Airlines launches new, cutting-edge mobile application
Vietnam Airlines resumes some int’l flights from April 1 have 416 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.