HÀ NỘI — Seven-year-old L.X.H, the youngest-ever heart transplant recipient in Việt Nam, has been discharged from hospital, according to the Hà Nội-based Việt Đức Hospital.
Before the surgery, the child, weighing only 16kg, suffered from dilated cardiomyopathy and end-stage heart failure.
The patient received the heart from a 19-year-old brain-dead donor, with the surgery conducted on February 1.
The child's mother thanked the family of the donor who, she said, has given her child a new life, and the dedication of doctors and nurses of the hospital.
This is the fifth heart transplant performed on a child at the hospital.
Việt Đức has performed five lung, 36 heart, 92 liver, and nearly 1,100 kidney transplants in total so far.
It is the leading centre nationwide for collecting and transplanting organs. All patients are healthy and have returned home.
In March 2017, a 10-year-old boy in Hà Nội became the youngest heart transplant patient at that time. After getting the heart from a brain-dead donor, he was discharged successfully. — VNS
- Woman Raises $15K for Heart Transplant After Hospital Said She Was Too Poor for Procedure, Should Hold Fundraiser
- Playing for his life: Double lung transplant patient who is now waiting for a new bowel live streams his 24-hour video game marathons to raise funds for his hospital's organ program
- Hospital performs open-heart surgery on baby weighing only 1,600 grammes
- Patients recovering from cancer ’best reward’
- Miracle treatment saves patient from constricted windpipe
- Expired antibiotics prescribed for child patient at the National Hospital of Paediatrics
- Draft health insurance law adds benefits for patients
- Baby born with half a heart receives life-saving Christmas organ donation
- Old teacher with kind heart brings up orphans
- A Mother’s Heart
- Seven patients with vaping-linked illness have died AFTER being discharged from hospitals, CDC reveals - as officials say they are 'confident' that vitamin E acetate has caused most of the 2,500 US cases
- 'It's very hard to tell parents their child is no more': Surgeon at heart of moving BBC NHS documentary Hospital reveals harrowing moment doctors have to tell families a loved one is dead
Việt Nam’s youngest heart transplant patient discharged from hospital have 360 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.