The little girl who was saved in a hair-raising fall from a building in Hanoi last month was discharged from the Vietnam National Children's Hospital on Friday after five days of treatment.
Doctor Hoang Hai Duc, head of pediatric orthopedics at the hospital, said the pelvis joint of H., the child patient in question, was fixed and is responding well to treatment, as suggested by X-ray images.
A re-examination for the three-year-old toddler is slated for two or three weeks later.
On Thursday, Duong Thi Minh Thu, head of the hospital’s social work Ddepartment, visited and gave presents to the girl and checked on her family.
The management board of the hospital also directed the department to provide support for the family during the girl's next check-ups.
On behalf of the family, H.'s mother expressed gratitude toward the treatment that her daughter had received.
Around 5:30 pm on February 28, H. was seen climbing over the balcony on the 12th floor of the apartment building at 60B Nguyen Huy Tuong Street in Thanh Xuan District.
She hung there for a moment before dropping.
The girl was saved by a man, 31-year-old Nguyen Ngoc Manh , who had noticed the situation and dashed up the metal roof of a structure ready to catch her.
Her fall barely missed his arms so she hit the metal roof below before bouncing up, according to what was seen in new videos that surfaced after initial footage of the incident went viral on Facebook.
Manh quickly brought her down to the ground before she was rushed to the hospital with injuries to the pelvis joint.
The man was then praised by the prime minister and the public for his heroic act.
Manh is a delivery worker in Dong Anh District, Hanoi.
- 28-Year-Old Student Falls To Death In Kota Damansara
- Lucky 19-Year-Old Malaysian Girl Survives Freezing Night On New Zealand Mountain
- 22-Year-Old Single-Handedly Saves Father, Mother And Sister From Ebola In Her Home
- Parents share heart-breaking video of their 7-year-old daughter's dying moments in desperate bid to spread awareness about terminal brain tumor that has no treatment, no cure, and barely any funding
- 14-Year-Old Dies After Falling From The 13th Floor Of An Apartment Block In Penang
- 26-Year-Old Man Jumps Off Second Penang Bridge
- Man Survives Fall From Flyover Onto Roundabout After Being Thrown Out Of Car
- 44-Year-Old Father Kills 7-Year-Old Daughter And Seriously Injures Two Others. Why?
- 11-year-old Maricel’s ordeal
- [PHOTOS] This 80-Year-Old Penangite Suffering With Elephantiasis Has A Heart Of Gold
- Doctor accused of sex harassment kills woman in New York hospital
- Surviving hell in a Bangladesh factory collapse
Three-year-old who survived fall from 12th floor discharged from Hanoi hospital have 451 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.