Thousands donate blood after Tet
The latest Covid-19 outbreak in Vietnam which started right before Tet Holiday had badly affected the blood donation activities at various places. Many events were cancelled and the blood and plasma reserves sharply dropped.
The National Institute Of Haematology & Blood Transfusion and other organisations and hospitals in Vietnam have called for more donations as the situation has got better after Tet.
Bach Quoc Khanh, head of the National Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion said after Tet, they received over 10,000 blood units in two weeks. The blood donation venues set up by the Youth Union received over 1,200 blood units.
In February, the National Institute of Haematology & Blood Transfusion received nearly 19,000 blood units and provided 40,000 units to 132 medical facilities in Vietnam, including remote and mountainous areas in Ha Giang, Son La and Yen Bai. It expects to receive 35,000 units in March to meet demands.
In response to the Spring Blood Donation Festival 2021, four donation spots have been set up in Hoan Kiem, Dong Da, Thanh Xuan districts and at the institute. The blood units will be quickly transferred to the storage to be used on nearly 180 patients in the northern region.
Khanh said, “Whenever a call for blood donation was put out, we received supports from thousands of organisations and individuals. On the behalf of the patients, I want to express my gratitude to everyone.”
The organisers hoped to receive over 4,000 blood units during the seven-day event. But in the first two days alone, about 3,600 blood units have been donated.
- Advantages and disadvantages of donating blood
- Gay Men Now Allowed to Donate Blood—With a Catch
- The Supplement You Need after You Donate Blood
- FDA: (A Few More) Gay Men Can Donate Blood
- Blood types: What are they and what do they mean?
- New blood test for prion disease looks promising
- Should You Give Blood?
- Be a Hero on World Blood Donor Day
- Have You Given Blood Lately?
- Immortal Stem Cells Allow Scientists To Produce Unlimited Blood Supply
- Red Cross Blood Donor App Rewards You for Giving
- In Bold Blood
Thousands donate blood after Tet have 359 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.