Hanoi (VNA) – Ngo Quy Dang, considered as the "golden student" in mathematics of the High School for the Gifted of Natural Sciences, the University of Natural Sciences, was selected as one of the 2020 ten promising young talents by the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union Central Committee.
The year 2020 was special to Ngo Quy Dang (a student at the High School for the Gifted of Natural Sciences, the University of Natural Sciences, the Hanoi National University) when he became the first 10 th grader qualified to become a member of the selected team for the International Mathematics Olympiad, which is often for 12 th graders. "This has never happened before," said Le Cong Loi, Principal of the High School for the Gifted of Natural Sciences.
Ngo Quy Dang even won the gold medal. His achievement has created a milestone in the history of Vietnam's Mathematic Olympiad.
According to Associate Professor Le Anh Vinh, Deputy Director of the Vietnam Institute of Educational Research, right from the secondary level, Ngo Quy Dang has been a familiar name known by many people in the Vietnamese mathematical sector. The gold medal at the International Mathematics Olympiad continues to be another achievement the outstanding student has made. Before that, he had won many awards in domestic and international competitions. They include the first prize in math in the Hanoi City Competition for excellent sudents in grade 9. In grade 8, Dang won the gold medal in the international group of the Hanoi Open Mathematics Competition (HOMC), a gold medal in the Young Math Talent Compettion, and the national champion in the Kangaroo International Math Competition.
When he was a seventh grader, Ngo Quy Dang won the gold medal of the International Math and Science Competition in Indonesia, the first prize of the 38 th Autumn International Mathematics Competition, the national champion of the International Kangaroo Math Competition, a gold medal and a silver medal at the Singapore Math Competition. When he was at grade sixth, Dang won a silver medal in the Singapore International Math Competition and a silver medal in the Malaysia International Math Competition.
Humorous and multi- talented young student
Not only good at math, Dang also achieved many achievements in the subject of English language with the consolation prize of the pupil group in the 2nd National English Olympiad for pupils and students in 2018, a silver medal in the English Olympiad on the Internet for high school students (IOE) at the national level for the 2016-2017 school year.
"What surprises many people even more is that Ngo Quy Dang is also a very charming, witty and funny MC on the school stage," said Mr. Le Cong Loi, Principal of High School for the Gifted in Science. Loi said he was very proud of his student.
According to Vu Nhu Nguyet, teacher of Dang's class, Dang is very funny, proactive student. He enthusiastically participates in all activities in class.
With his wit, Dang as a cheerleader makes the atmosphere more vibrant, Nguyet said, adding that as a good student with a reputation at school, Dang is, however, very sociable and humble, sincere and open.
He is also an active student, enthusiastic in general activities and a responsible person,” Ms. Nguyet said happily about her student.
With his achievements, Dang was selected as one of the 20 outstanding young people of the third Vietnam Young Talent Congress. He was also honored to receive the Second-class Labor Order from the President and became one of the 10 promising young talents of Vietnam in 2021./.
- Young Bernie Sanders Supporters Wait for Reward
- Samsung to offer 150 fresh scholarships to JNV students making it to IITs, NITs
- 'They messed with the wrong generation': How young people shook up politics in Peru
- China Focus: Adding up Eureka moments in math havens
- Is this the hardest working teacher in the UK? Maths teacher from south-west London wins £33,000 global award after his free tuition website helped students around the world study during Covid lockdown
- Critics' Conversation: The Great Film Performances of 2020
- The top young movers and shakers of 2021: Forbes reveals the 600 entrepreneurs, activists, scientists and entertainers on the verge of making it big
- Study: Students falling behind in math during pandemic
- Low-Income Student Failure Rates Jump During Pandemic Remote Learning
- Sketching contest for university students held in Hanoi
- Ed Miliband promises to slash tuition fees and boost maintenance grant
- Homeless students in New York City top 100,000 for fifth year. Experts say the number could be much higher.
- Samsung to offer 150 IIT, NIT scholarships to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya students
- Hear the Eton lecture that dared question radical feminism: Video lesson about death of 'chivalry and honour' that got English teacher sacked and sparked freedom of speech row is posted on YouTube
- 2020 Hue Festival honours traditional and contemporary cultural values
- Scientist uses his talents to aid fishermen
- Focusing on mental health of young people
- Brit List 2020 Revealed: London Crime-Drama & Philadelphia Newsroom Story Among Lineup Of Best Unproduced Film & TV Scripts
- Energy scholarships beckon talented Hanoi students
- Attitude Awards 2020: Pop divas Dua Lipa, Paloma Faith and Taylor Swift scoop gongs at the first ever virtual ceremony... as Stephen Fry wins Icon Of The Year
Math student honoured as 2020 promising young talent have 862 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.