All of the fresh patients in Hai Duong are F1 contacts who previously came into close contact with confirmed cases and they had already been placed into quarantine at concentrated isolation facilities.
The detection of the latest patients lifts the national infection tally to 2,507, including 1,584 domestically-transmitted cases, along with 923 imported cases.
With regard to the COVID-19 vaccination programme, the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases along, the Hospital for Tropical Diseases of Ho Chi Minh City and Hai Duong province, the nation’s current biggest epicenter are set to start inoculation on March 8.
Moving forward, vaccination plans will be based on the principle of ensuring maximum safety for citizens.
“It can be affirmed that 100% of vaccinated people who contract the disease will be milder and not lead to death. This is a very important factor in deploying a large-scale vaccination plan. People need to get a better understanding of the benefits of vaccines as well as unwanted reactions in order to have confidence in vaccination as the best way to protect themselves from the virus,” Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long said.
According to the official, priority will be given to those on the front line in the fight against COVID-19, including health workers, army personnel, police forces, along with customs and immigration officers. In addition, those working in sectors which offer essential services such as aviation, transport, tourism, and education will also be prioritised. This is along with people suffering from chronic illnesses, those above 65 years old, people living in pandemic-hit areas, the poor, and beneficiaries of social welfare.
Due to the complicated nature of developments relating to the pandemic, the People’s Committee of Kinh Mon town in the northern province of Hai Duong has recently issued a decision to continue implementing social distancing measures in line with Government Directive No16 for 10 communes and wards in Kinh Mon.
At present Hai Duong has recorded 707 cases of local transmission, along with 321 recoveries and 2,642 F1 contacts who are currently undergoing concentrated isolation.
- Coronavirus: Rhondda Cynon Taf to go into local lockdown amid rise in cases
- Lockdown ends for Hai Duong City Covid-19 outbreak
- Scotland and Wales put half a million more people under local lockdowns after spike in cases as Nicola Sturgeon warns parts of the Scottish economy could be closed down again if it fails to 'step up' efforts to stop spread of coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Hancock concern over 'sharp rise' in cases
- Coronavirus: Five reasons why rise in cases is not all it seems
- Coronavirus: Boris Johnson urges Manchester politicians to show leadership over rise in cases
- Coronavirus state-wise tally on September 5: Assam's COVID-19 count rises to 1.2 lakh
- Germany to impose new coronavirus rules amid record rise in cases
- Japan's COVID-19 cases surpass 100,000, Tokyo's infections on rise
- COVID-19 Tracker: Badlapur sees a sharp rise in cases; Ambernath death toll crosses 200
- Trump's Wisconsin Rally Relocating to Another City After Governor Urges Campaign to Do So Amid Rising COVID Cases
- Central region sees a slight rise in cases
Local infection count rises to 1,584 after six further cases found in Hai Duong have 485 words, post on vov.vn at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.