Earlier, at 11:30 on March 1, workers of the Duy Thinh Construction Consultant Limited Company found a bomb at a depth of nearly 2m while working on a road in Hoan Lao town.
Upon receiving the information, the Quang Binh provincial Military Command directed the Bo Trach district Military Command, together with public security forces, to send troops to the surrounding the area and evacuate local residents to safe places.
The MK82 bomb, with a weight of 227kg, length of 1.54m and a diameter of 274mm remained intact.
The bomb is believed to be dropped by the US during the Vietnam war. It was moved to a safe area for detonation.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Top 7 must-see natural caves in Vietnam
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 13
- Dawn of a new travel era in Vietnam
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 9
- Stakeholders take action to revive pandemic-hit tourism
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 6
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 10
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 16
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 7
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 12
- Coronavirus latest: Pandemic slowing in Europe, WHO says
- Indonesia's forest fires threaten a third of world's wild orangutans
Huge bomb safely deactivated in Quang Binh province have 180 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.